Sign in to follow this  
Guest SHORT360

Iocard Servo related

Guest SHORT360

Hi,Being in progress with my electric "Control loading" for the pitch attitude I have read a bit about the configuration of the servo with the Iocard software. I am very confused since all tutorials I have seen are related to an IOCP protocol using a IOCPGauge program. DO I really need that protocol??Is IOCARD not able to drive servos without IOCPGAUGE??I would just like to link it via FSUIPC using the ELEC_TRIM_DN and ELEV_TRIM_UP controls. How may I proceed.ThanksRoger

Guest Ferdie

Project IOCards have more posibilities for make a solution.You can use Two protocols for connect FSimulator with IOCards: FSUIPC and IOCP.FSUIPC is more standard, but IOCP is more fast. You choose your favorite protocol. No problem.For connect a Servo to FSimulator you have 3 posibilities: IOCard software, IOCPGauges and SIOC system.1) IOCard software is more easy to use but have less posibilities of configuration. You only define a entry and connect to a variable IOCP or OFFSET FSUIPC...You make a function to adjust range and... Ready !2) IOCPGauge, use a connection to FSimulator throught FSUIPC and other with IOCard software throught IOCP. This software have pre-configured gauges.3) SIOC system. This is more powerful solution. You can define exactly, the gauge function. You can choose FSUIPC or IOCP protocol to connect with FSimulator or Xplane. You can program with this system, complex simulations... For example, to control a MOTION SYSTEM.

Guest SHORT360

Ferdie,Thanks for your answer.>>>3) SIOC system. This is more powerful solution. You can define exactly, the gauge function. You can choose FSUIPC or IOCP protocol to connect with FSimulator or Xplane. You can program with this system, complex simulations... For example, to control a MOTION SYSTEM.My servo is an high torque servo ( see my "control loading" thread)which may simulate force feedback using the pitch trim feedback which is more complex than driving an instrument.I am keen to know more about SIOC system. What may I have to do knowing that I hace a very very poor knowledge as regards programming.GreetingsRoger