Sign in to follow this  
Guest High Octane

Autocad Scale for Panel

Guest High Octane

Are there any experienced AutoCad users out there? I was going to draw a panel (I.e. center, overhead, main glare or etc) using AutoCad 2000 program. then print it, then lay them out. I have the diameter of each panels but not the scale. So would anyone know the standard scale for each panels? would that be 1:0 1:5? please let me know

Guest Erups

As far as i know, width is fixed while height is modular.The panels are arranged in racks of fixed width.But they can be any height.Think for example at the printers on the ceneter pedestal of some planes.

Guest deltaflight

Hi Arthur,I use AutoCad religiously.Question. Are you trying to draw the panels to the exact scale?If so, then you want a 1:1 scale which equates to (1 inch = 1 inch), (1cm = 1cm)etc. Your panel will be life size.If you wanted to scale the panels down, then a 1:4 would be (1 inch = 4 inch), (1cm = 4cm) etc.Hope this answers your question.Mike

Arthur,I'm with Mike on this one. As a design engineer I've used AutoCAD in my daily work. You design the panels 1:1 in AC. The scaling starts when you start making the print out layouts. Depending on your printable area and the amount of detail you would like to present the scale will be different.Cheers,

Guest High Octane

Claudio-- Yep, for entire of the panel it may be modular depends on the type of panels that is inserted into jetliner's center/overhead frame or rack. such for one example. I have seen some of B767-400 has EVAC panel at overhead which make it look smaller on center. and other type 400's on center pedestal which looks smaller on overhead. So, you are correct this can makes the rack modular on height diameter . But, what I was going to do is to draw every single panel occur on the B767 with actual diameter of height and witdh. Then print it and tape it on the rack. Thanks for the info.Mike-- Thank you, for information... scale 1:1 sound correct to me. Well, to answer your question-- I am trying to draw exactly diameter on panel and print it exactly same diameter as I have drew on AC. So I am not sure if trying to draw same scale would print same diameter?Mats-- Say if I was to draw 5" by 5" on AC, and expect it to print exact same on the paper. How would I know or determine that AC will print it from my expection?You guys, thanks for excellent answer much appreicated.

Guest Simpit

Lots of Acad users here...Arthur - You nearly always draw things at full scale in Autocad. In order to plot it at 1:1 scale you put in a scale factor in the plot dialog box. It's fairly obvious... pick the printer/plotter, pick the area you want to plot, set a scale factor - selectable from the dropdown - then I would check it out in print preview. If it looks okay - hit the plot button!Derek

Arthur,Derek gave you a good answer there! ;-)Talking about autocad. I wish I had a HP DesignJet plotter! :-)Cheers,

Guest High Octane

Oh yeah I see it now... Yup it's fairly simple.... thank a bunch guys