Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robid

FSLED Question

Guest Erups

Good luck :)Should you have any question, as always: feel free to ask :)If you use MSN and want to contact me, drop me an email and i will give you my contact.

Guest Robid

Claudio,A quick question. I have noticed on your mod for led, that you must run a common ground with the fsbus system (same PSU). I am running FSCom, FSAD, FSKey and FSLed. My PSU is a 12vdc 1amp pack. As I don't know the needs of the FSbus system, can you tell me if I have enough power to run the 20 leds with your mod and the FSBus system.Thanks again.DavidPS I have never used MSN, not by choice, just by lack of time.

Guest Erups

>A quick question. I have noticed on your mod for led, that>you must run a common ground with the fsbus system (same PSU).Actually it MAY work with totally two different PSUs.But i do not know if it could cause any damage to anything (the circuit, the psu, the device, etc...).So to stay on the safe side, i have put this constraint.> I am running FSCom, FSAD, FSKey and FSLed. My PSU is a 12vdc>1amp pack. As I don't know the needs of the FSbus system, can>you tell me if I have enough power to run the 20 leds with>your mod and the FSBus system.Should be enough but i do not know the exact number for each card.

Um, am I just missing something, but why do you need to connect backlighting of your panel to FSBUS?I mean, you put a switch for panel lights, you connect your light cable or leds through the switch to a power supply.. why do you need to "tell" FS about it? If you want FS to know about it as well, so your on-screen panel lights up too, rather use a "two-pole" toggle switch which will give you two outputs - one for the lighting stuff, and another for FSBUS key card which you then route to FS panel lights, if you absolutely need to make FS aware of your physical panel lighting state..?//Tuomas

Guest Robid

Yeh, your right of course Toumas.I just like the concept of it all being run through FS.I think for simplicity sake, I might reconsider my plan.David

Guest Robid

Out of curiosity, can anyone answer the question of:What is the current draw for FSBus (1 FScom, 1 FSled, 1 FSkey, 1 FSad)I am running it with 12vdc 1amp.

>Yeh, your right of course Toumas.>>I just like the concept of it all being run through FS.>>I think for simplicity sake, I might reconsider my plan.>>David>Yeah, but it is much better to separate the signal at the switch, there are "two-pole" toggles that have 4 or 6 contacts (6 if they are "ON-ON" type and 4 if they are "ON-OFF") - then it basically has two electronically separate switches that share the same toggle arm. Thus you just wire one of the pairs to FSBUS key module to get the signal into the sim, and the other pair to your electronics. It makes things a lot more simple.If you need it to be even more realistic, you can then wire the ground for the lamp circuit through another two-pole switch - the master battery one. That's how we do it on our cessna sim. Interior lights start to work after battery master is switched on.Of course it all can be done through fsbus as well via a relay, but I guess there are way more important things to do when building a simulator, dont waste your energy on this too much, would be my advice :)//Tuomas

Guest Erups

>What is the current draw for FSBus (1 FScom, 1 FSled, 1 FSkey,>1 FSad)If you have a multimeter, put it on the AMPS range (at least 1A, usually multimeters have 10A, or 200mA and below, so if this is the case, just use 10A) then put the + lead from the psu on the + lead of the multimeter, and the - lead of the multimeter on the + of the FSBUS system.You will read total power draw.I hope i have got the polarities correct: it doesn't matter if you have a digital multimeter, but may cause damages to analog multimeters.

Guest Robid

Claudio,I contacted Gary on one of the links the link you gave me for a PWM http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Projects/PWM/PWM.htm and asked him if he would draw me a diagram to incorporate the PWM and the leds as one diagram.I have attached that diagram, my question is, how would I use your Led Mod to trigger this circuit, or is it not possible or not really worth it?ThanksDavid

Guest Erups

The scheme is correct, but not for interfacing with FSLED, it is just to use the circuit with a number of leds.I concur with Tuomas: it's nonsense to realize such a complicated interface to let FSLED power up or down *DIRECTLY* the leds.Just use a multiple poles switch, and there you go.

Guest Robid

Thanks Claudio, always grateful for your help and opinions and the same to Tuomas.