Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erups

Anybody bought from dakenskys?

Guest Erups

Anybody bought their panels?I'd like to have some big shots of their panels: they look awesome!But i have to wait for the NG to come out :(

Guest mondo

I have bought the 747 MCP. I am no waiting for it to come in the Post Office. I ordered the LED version versus the BULB version. It seems that there is more tweaking to do with the LED version before they will allow it to be released. At least it seems to me that Daken is paying attention to detail and quality. Milt

Guest Erups

>least it seems to me that Daken is paying attention to detail>and quality.My impressions too :)

Guest mondo

What I really like, is their response time when you make an inquiry by email. It normally only takes a couple of hours before you get an answer. He said that he would send me an email when the panel has shipped. How many other vendors would do that?

Guest PoRrEkE

my guess is that depends on how many orders they get :-lol

Guest 737 Heaven

>At least it seems to me that Daken is paying attention to detail>and quality.>> MiltYes he is !!! if anything is slowing down the design phase..its this, but well worth the wait!! I have been in contact with DakeSky's for a long time now..and i can tell anyone out there thinking of building and using his products, that it is very much worth waiting for !!You wont be disappointed, I have seen and tested panels from other suppliers out there, as well as DakenSkys panels. I can tell you that Dakensky panels are in a league of there own!! They look better, are more defined, and as far as backlighting...Well lets just forget about the fact for a moment that they came with backlighting. Just the fact that there is NO bleed thru when lighting them up "the old fashion way". I have lit up the other MFG's panels side by side with dakensky, and they always have bleed thru around the lettering, as well as anywhere the lighting is to strong. This doesn't happen with Dakenskys, and the lettering shines bright and clear !! When I did this test I lit them all up the same way, just using a common flashlight held behind the panel. The dakensky panel was a early proto type, it did not have the lighting installed yet. So everyone was equal..Intill the end of the test...and Dakesky was clearly "LIGHT YEARS" ahead! Iam not trying to make a advertisement here...IAM trying to inform buiders, and future builders to the value of Dakensky!Ken is a great guy to talk to, very knowledgeable about his craft, and very passionate about his company and each and every product they produce.The design phase takes alot of time...But I can tell you that Ken is the most dedicated supplier I have every talked to. And is in this to make a very enjoyably hobby BETTER. Better in product and customer satisfaction.I welcome anyone who has purchased any of his panels please comment. I would like to hear from you!!

Guest Raafie75

I'm eagerly waiting on their release of Knobs !Brad.

Guest Raafie75

I'm eagerly waiting on their release of Knobs !Brad.

Guest PoRrEkE

ARGH !STOP IT !I can't take this no more .. the more I hear 'bout it, the more I read about it, the more frustrated I get I can't get these panels for Fokker50 !Maybe if I could get real good pics of the real panels + dimentions DS would make them but I'd rather have them sized perfect to fit my current sim .. maybe I would have to rebuild my overhead & glare if I got the dimensions wrong in my sim. But still, I have no idea how to obtain the exact dimensions. I could try to e-mail STORK again but it is doubtfull that they would give me CAD files for all those panels ...Either way I would very much be interested to obtain better panels than the ones I got now.

Guest Erups

Try your best to find someone who knows someone who knows someone... (repeat at your discretion)...who knows someone who works in for a maintenance company, operating on the Fokker50.He will have the manuals with correct and complete dimensions.I know someone who has the manual of a319/320/321 because it works on them, a pity i am a boing fan :)