Sign in to follow this  
oal331

Dual-Head Vga for front external view?

Hi,as you can see in the subject, it's an old story, but it still hearts :-(The request is about my Front External View without panels and gauges.So, as i don't have yet a projector or i can't build one myself, i was looking for a second time, if i can use my dual-head ATI Radeon 9600 XT for extend my external view.I connected a second monitor in the DVI converter and i made an "extended" desktop to the second monitor. But when i maximize the Fs window it use only one monitor.When the Fs is not maximized and i drag the window-edges to make it bigger in both monitors, the external view doesn't cover all the new size window, but i have a black area in one side, just like the new external view remains in the previous total size. I'm doing something wrong? Both monitors have the same resolutions.Do i need a special s/w to use the 1st and 2nd monitor as a big one (like a 16:9 new monitor) ?Does anyone use it already?I don't want to use many pcs with wideview, or panels and gauges, only external view please!! Is this possible???thanks..... !!!!Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest warthog02

I haven't used any Radeon dualhead card before but am using the Matrox Parhelia triple head card. As I'm away from my FS setup right now, I can only suggest that you check if the resolution on your VGA's configurations matches with that in your FS Display settings. For a 2-monitor setup, the resolution should be twice the width and equal the height of a single monitor setup e.g. 2048 x 768 or 1600 x 640.

So, i have to "run" Fs in full screen mode, right?If it's running in window mode?thanksEddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Eddie,With the Radeon cards, you can't span DirectX graphics across two monitors like you can with the Matrox Parhelia or Nvidia cards. To have video on both screens, start FS, create a new window in the sim, undock it and drag it to the second monitor. Then, resize the window to fill the screen. You'll have to adjust the point of view and zoom in each window to get the right alignment.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)[table border=2" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1][tr][td][table border=0" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0][tr][td bgcolor=#6f0000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align=center" bgcolor="#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/index_NewRecruits.html]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table