Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnN

ANYONE HAVE THE RADEON 9700 ? IF SO, HOW IS IT?

Guest Pardue802

What about the Radeon 9000? I've been disappointed recently with my All-in-Wonder 32MB original Radeon and have been considering upgrading. That's a lotta money to spend on the 9700 though. Are they making any All-in-Wonder versions of the card? I like my TV tuner :-)Ken

Hey, I got the card on Friday and have been unable to play FS2002 or CFS2. All my other games seem to run just fine though IL2, Comanche 4, Trainsim. So you might want to wait until you see some more reviews or driver updates. I just couldn't wait to buy it after seeing all those reviews but the problems might be system specific but I doubt it.WINDOWS XP PROP4 2.4BASUS P4S533512MB PC2700MAXTOR 40G HD 7200RPMtimber

Hi Elrond,The game loads up just fine, you can adjust all your settings as you wish but after you've selected your flight and it loads the screen will lock up a few seconds into the flight leaving you unable to get out without doing a reboot.timber

Hey, I hope your right. I heard it was the same quality AA but with much improved fps. I certainly will keep this card in mind. Thanks to fellow simmers like Timber for being the first of our group to give it a go. I hope you get it working ASAP. Keep us informed. :-)SteveCYYZ

timber; you might want to check the ATI support site. I know ATI and Asus mobos (specifically the 440bx) never used to get along with each other. Don't know if that's changed or not. Definitely keep us posted as I've already ordered mine. Discovered a major decrease in Intel pricing today; changed my order from the 2.4 533 to a 2.53 533 and still saved $185 on the total package.

Guest JohnN

Timber,I trust you've called ATI. Let us know what you find out.John