Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robert Tournay

Use a key to get a letter in Fsbus

Guest Robert Tournay

I use a free PFD/ ND and now I whant to make a switch with Fsbus that send a key to the PFD, how do i make this??

Guest mmorrell

I have the same question - I ave programmed all of the keystrokes for the PM CDU into my FSKEY board but it is not seen in the CDU software and I can not get it to type a keystroke... ANy assistance is appreciated!

>I have the same question - I ave programmed all of the>keystrokes for the PM CDU into my FSKEY board but it is not>seen in the CDU software and I can not get it to type a>keystroke... ANy assistance is appreciated!Try starting Notepad and see if the keys go there.Does the thing work if you click the freeFD window "active" first? If so, try to use a mouse event in addition to the key so it "clicks" the freeFD window active before outputting the keystroke (and possibly clicks back to FS after that if you have other keystrokes defined for the main FS window..)I dont use the mouse stuff myself, but that might be the problem here - those keys go wherever your "focus" on Windows is.//Tuomas

Do a search here on "keyevent". I had the same problem to getting it to work. It is discussed here in te forum several times and explained in detail earlier.regardsnorbert

Guest mmorrell

Hi Norbert,Thanks for the reply - I did the seach as you suggested (got more hits using "key event" than "keyevent", and there is some helpful in there. I am now playing around witht eh destinations trying to get the PM CDU to FSBUS. I am trying both "FSB.MCDU_1.C.System" and "FS.PM.Keyboard Interfaces.CDU" as my destinations. No luck yet (still can not type a keystroke to Notepad).Since I am using the CDU on a different machine from my FS9 server I do nut use FSUIPC.DLL to communicate. Should I run FSCLIENT or FSROUTER when trying to talk to FSBUS?I have seen several references to using only CID 0 on the local machine. This is obviously a problem because I am using more than 1 device on the CDU, and I don't use the file fsbus.fb2, but rather a file saved as MCDU_1.fb2.THanks.

Hi MitchI was able to make a keyevent. Then I made a switch routed to the keyevent. When I used the virtual switch in the fsbus sw I saw the letters coming up in notepad (on the same pc). Till now I did not succeed in sending it to software on a client. AFAIK this is only possible with real hardware and not the virtual software switches. (I am still waiting for my fsbus hardware).You will need fsclient on the client pc with the cdu and fsbus router on the pc with the fsbus hardware connected.As the keyevent goes to a client you will have to enter there cid 1 or whatever NOT 0(thats for intern use).Also think of this:Each sending device (keyboard, analog) may have a CID from 1-7.Each receiving device (display, led ...) may have a CID from 1-31.regardsNorbert

Guest mmorrell

Thanks... two things:I have the CDU running on the same PC that the FSBUS stuff is connected to, which is not the same PC as FS9. So I am not using FSUIPC or anything. The only things running are the CDU software and FSROUTER.I have the destination for the "A" key set to FS.PM.Keyboard Interfaces.CDUCan't get anything to see the "A" when I hit the key on the CDU.It is unbelievable that there is no place that documents how to do this - very frustrating and waste of many hours without success :(

Guest mmorrell

Eurkea! I finally got it...Example: To get the letter "A" to type from my CDU (FSKEY):After defining the key I added the following destinations:FSB.MCDU1.A.SystemFS.PM.Keyboard Interface.CDUWhere MCDU_1 is the name of the object that has the keys defined in it.Finally! Thanks to all for your help.