Sign in to follow this  
npbosch

How to convert fsbus files to dfx format?

Hello to allI am trying to make the fsbus pcb's with a cnc machine. For that I hav to have the files in .dfx format (or .cad format).The FSBUS package contains gerber(.grb), postscript (.ps) and gif and .drl (?) format.For PCB design I have EAGLE, but that sw can not import grb format.Does anybody has experience with this? It would also be nice if I could change things on the PCB somewere in the converting proces in EAGLE, for example change the 7 segmants leds to another size.Thanks for any help.Norbert Bosch

Guest Erups

Eagle is surely able to export in Gerber, should be able to import in gerber too.Check on the docs for this.DRL should be another format of gerber, i remember Dirk saying one file was with holes, one without... or something similar.Once you have acquired your file in Eagle, and modified it to suit your needs, you can export in various formats.I remember seeing a guide about exporting for cnc milling, but unfortunately i don't remember where :(

Wel , eagle is able to export in gerber. Import formats are .sch (schematics) and .brd (board).I can not import the gerber format (I have the prof, registered version though)Norbert

Guest mbessler

Hello Norbert,>I am trying to make the fsbus pcb's with a cnc machine. For>that I hav to have the files in .dfx format (or .cad format).>>The FSBUS package contains gerber(.grb), postscript (.ps) and>gif and .drl (?) format.>>For PCB design I have EAGLE, but that sw can not import grb>format.No, eagle can't read gerber files.Gerber files are meant for pcb production only, so its like the PCL or 'printer language' of the PCB industry.However, there are a few gerber viewers available. Some of them allow you to change things. You can get eval versions for the viewers, but I haven't found a free program that also allows changing files.Two names that come to mind are GC-Prevue and Viewmate.Regards,Manuel