Sign in to follow this  
Guest meandog

USB Joystick controller

Guest meandog

Hi,For building cockpits, joysticks and quadrants I want to present a cheap USB controller called MJoy that you can easily build yourself.It has 6 axis (may have 8 maximum total in one device), 1 hat and 24 buttons.All the information is on my project homepage:http://www.mindaugas.com/projects/MJoy/The initial project article is:http://www.mindaugas.com/projects/MJoy/Article.phpIt should be enough to explain how to build and program your controller. It also has brief explanation how to build your custom software as the project includes the source code too.Newer software version 1.2 with autocalibration is available in Versions section.Comments and questions are welcome.

Guest MikePowell

A very interesting project. Clearly a lot of work went into it and into the article describing it.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest meandog

Thanks!BTW, I've noticed some broken links in my page and in the article where it was not possible to download source and microcontroller code.Everything is fixed now.Cheers

Guest yoss

Very nice and intresting projectSveikatos, Mindaugas

Speaking of interesting projects, Mike (and sorry others for offtopic :)) - can you take a few pics of SimpleSim's underside - I have been pondering pedals, and I started to construct something.. They resemble your versions quite a bit. I am intending to use cabling and pulley wheels for the "push left and right moves back" -movement, but I am still wondering the centering mechanism. Thus, if you could shed some light there, it would be very interesting.Your simple sim is just very inspirational, very much along my own ideals of using commonly available things in a clever way :)//Tuomas

Guest MikePowell

Will do. It's pretty rough at this point, but the general idea should come across. It's as you say, a cable and pulley system.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest MikePowell

Done.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest Robid

Mike,Off topic again, I have left a question for you on your website regarding your led dimmer, I wanted to let you know so it doesn't get lost in your junk mail.I would appreciate your comments.ThanksDavid

Guest MikePowell

Got it. Be a day or so.

Thanks!I'll try to get mine built soon too, I have done them halfway, but next part is to cut holes on the sim "floor" and to screw on the hinges' other sides to the floorplate.. Hopefully it works out okay.Thanks for the pics, your use of wood is very good btw - enough metal just there where it is needed for durability, yet wood whenever possilble - makes it a lot easier to work on with normal tools.//Tuomas

Guest Skymed

Looks like the page is down, as I cant access it?Steve

Guest meandog

There was temporary problem with web hosting company. Page is now up and should be up for long time.

Guest mckimzey

Hi. Very intresting project. Knowing nothing about programming, how difficult would it be to modify the system to have 4 axis with 10 bit resolution? As a helicopter simmer, it would be nice to have the collective and pedals with 10 bit resolution also. - Mike KimzeyPS..Mindaugas, I sent you a private email before posting here...you can disregard that one and just reply here if you want. - Mike

Guest danowar

I am also very interested in building MJoy. The idea that it can be programmed to different analog and switch configuration is awesome, but unfortunatly, I know nothing about assemply programming.Has anyone written any different configurations for this that they can share?Dano