Sign in to follow this  
Guest Binkles

Compete Idiot Building A BAE-146 - Update!

Guest Binkles

Well it's been a while since I've complained, but I did that about the rotaty decoder, so I thought I better write something positive as well.Well after saving up some money, I decided it was time to start working on something tangible, and for me it was the nav radio on the mcp of the bae.It has an active, and standby, as well as a switch to toggle the two, and would normally have a concentric rotary for the radio - I'm actually just going to use two decoders, so there will be 3 - I need to work out what the other decoder does.Anyways - I have filled up one display board (6 outputs - either 5 or 3) but can't seem to get the decimal point to work - I vaguely remember it was a 120 resistor to do it (this is for FSDisplay) using LED company .56 red CC 7 segments.But - I do have them all working well - and find it easier to program the boards using the keyboard, and then transfer the pic to the FSDisplay board. Doing this has saved me heaps on jumpers etc.I didn't have enough cable - or enough terminals to get all 6 working at once - though I only need two for the nav radio.I've also been trying - with little luck to cut out the framing to go around the displays - but I can't seem to cut nice tidy rectangles in the mdf boards, and so will most likely get the perspex made up and cut. Will be a lot more expensive - and would of rather used the cheaper option of mdf.My LED board has gone out - so I need to figure out why, but I'm guessing its most likely a short - I tried to be cheeky, and I think it may of backfired.Anyways - just an update, I will get around to posting some pictures of what I have made soon.Laurence Merraine

Guest Erups

>It has an active, and standby, as well as a switch to toggle>the two, and would normally have a concentric rotary for the>radio - I'm actually just going to use two decoders, so there>will be 3 - I need to work out what the other decoder does.Hmmm...I think i remember this:one encoder (possibly double) is for nav tuning, then there is the active/standby change button, and a selector which turns the display tonav freqdme distdme name (3 chars)Good luck on your 146: are you doing efis or old style?