Sign in to follow this  
Guest bowingic

FSBUS Question

Guest bowingic

Hi AllI want to have a rotary output operate one key output in a CW direction and another in CCW direction....is this possible?Have experimented with a rotary which works fine for changing OBS setting for example (ie the rotary part is working), and can make it operate one key output in both directions but could not see how to make it operate another key in the reverse direction. I want to use it to change decision height and other similar functions in PIC767 which operate with a key command...one key to increase selection, another to decrease. At the moment I can only manage one or the other.Any help appreciated

Guest Erups

This feature is not supported in fsbus.

Guest bowingic

Thanks....I had feared this might be the case!CheersIan

Guest Glenn Weston

Ian, I am not quite sure I am with you on this one but I presume you are using a rotary encoder & therefore are stuck completely defining the unit as a rotary in FSbus, however if you used a rotary pulse switch such as the knitter or alps instead, I would see no reason why you could not define two seperate toggle type switches in FSbus, the CW contacts operate one defined switch & the CCW operates the other defined switch in FSbus.FSbus could then send those seprate events to the pragram as the required keypresses you need to operate decision height up & decision height down.The key to this is not to confuse rotary encoders with rotary pulse switches.Although I know rotary pulse switches are hard to source here in OZ but it may solve the problem for you.Cheers GlennYou can check out my Simpit Project here:http://www.simhardware.co.nz/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33

Guest bowingic

Thanks GlennMy rotaries are the phase shifted type so if set up as separate switches each with different key outputs each phase works against the other. However if used with REDEC (Brad suggested REDEC would work) this can be done as there is only one output from one switch when turning CW and one output from the other when turning CCW.I have experimented with this and it does work but is not ideal in that each detent of turn doesn't always register(REDEC pulse too short?) resulting in smaller changes in whatever is being operated, in my case Decision Height....If turned say 5 detents the altitude only changes by one switch (key)operation per detent amount (10ft). I have tried various delay times between off and on of the key in the On and Off sequence box....about D80 resulted in the best result.It is useable though and enables the DH to be changed up and down...albeit with a lot of turns of the rotary.Any comments welcome

Guest Glenn Weston

No problems Ian, OK yes I didn't even think about the REDEC as it pretty much emulates a Pulse Rotary (Knitter), anyway at least it's a partial solution until something better comes along.I wonder if there are any keyboard utility programs that you you could use to send a series of keypresses, lets say a series of 10 keypresses for every time a particular keypress was received, this would then multiply your 10feet/detent to 100 feet/detent, FSBus may even be able to do that for you within the keysend setup itself or possibly even using the CCC system somehow. There surely will be something that can do the trick.Cheers Glenn.You can check out my Simpit Project here:http://www.simhardware.co.nz/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33

You guys realize you can wire phase-shifted rotaries directly into joystick buttons and have FSUIPC handle them as rotary encoders?This way you can hook them up to something like Leo's Plasma MiniME (12 buttons. usb) or such..See the fsuipc for advanced users document in the SDK. There's a ton of stuff you can do there - even conditionals etc - even though you have FSBUS does not mean you must use it for everything - this might be a good solution along wiht fsbus.//Tuomas

Guest bowingic

Thanks Tuomas and GlennI'll do some experimenting with your ideas and report back