Sign in to follow this  
Guest SHORT360

My documentary about the simpit builder.

Guest SHORT360

Hi everybody,I am very sade to have to announce that my producers were not able to raise the financing of the full lenght documentary about our hobby I was planning since almost one year. I really decided to give it up. The most encounterer argument from the broadcaster is that the subject focuses on a too small part of their potential public. Some also stated that they already have some footage about it. Those footages are most often some small reportings videos made by journalists far from what I wanted to do as a filmmaker. But such reportings are superficial, very cheap, fast done and that's what the TV station are interested in. We could also never reach the right peoples at Microsoft and other companies able to sponsor and must say that the help I was expecting from those people having contact to them, as for example the rulers of the site hosting that forum was more than disappointing. The contempt showed of in regards to my project was sometimes even offensing. There are several others, like Mike Powell and many others who just showed a great interest and helped as much as they could and I wanted here to say many thanks to all of them.Thanks for your attention.Best regards to all.Roger

Guest MikePowell

Yes, very disappointing. Thank you for your efforts, Roger. It would have been a very interesting project.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest SHORT360

Yes it is in fact very disappointing. But as a lot of thing going on nowaday in our world.Thanks Mike and thanks Tuomas for your feeling.Best regardsRoger

Guest perchas

Dear Roger: I have a neighbor and friend whom a small producer of TV with much experience in Spain has here, has a movil unit of most modern of Europe, with 22 camaras etc. It has seen my almost finalized project of my simulator, and it has been surprised to where the talent arrives from which we are doing this.I have proposed to him to make a documentary one, it has acceded with pleasure, it is obvious that the trips to the foreigner could not be made by the high cost, as I travel two or three times to Arizona, there lives my daughter, taking advantage of it is opportunity it would turn to me homemade reporter and it would make the interviews to Mike Powell in LaFayet CA and some other Simbuilders near the Phoenix area including California.Here in Spain, we are a group of simbuilders tremendously active, with projects that in the short term time without doubt moved to the systems that we used today.Examples.Manolo Velez: creator of IOCARD, SIOC, tremendously active man, intelligent, with more than six hundred of its systems working by the world.Juan Ram

Guest perchas

(Accidentally I have pressed the key "send message")Continuous:Here we have made the best backlight panels, I believe that we are first in starting up original analogical instruments to low cost with no need of disassembling them, etc, etc.Now Manolo Velez and I, and with disinterested aid of the department of Industrial Automatica of (CSI) the Superior Center of Scientific Researches, we have begun the compilation of imformaci

Guest SHORT360

Hi Rafael,As you propably know I am indeed very impressed by the huge work done in your country in such small amount of time. Your team is propably the one which is the most activ working in perfect fusion the one with the other. You contribution to our hobby is going to surpass everything else done before and there is one more thing, you did for free!!!.Nevertheless, there are active people working on an other basis, making excellent and unique add-ons or unique hardware and cockpit parts. There are also all the veterans of our hobby, the guys who decided one day to cut the nose of an airliner and bring it back to home, before anybody else was telling such story on internet. There is also the story of a small company called Sublogic and I guy called Bruce Artwick which is at the roots af all that, creating FS and then ATP before they sold the license to Microsoft. There is also the younf and lonsome cowboy called Austin Meyer taking alive his extraordinary simulator. There is also an unforeseen an incredible exciting future, where we will probably be able to make the major acts of a pilot license at home, where real surplus instruments will be interfacable as easy as a plug an play cards, there will be a huge part of people interested in aviation but not making the step to build a cockpit simply because they are not skilled in all area not related to aviation and they will be able to set a cockpit together as easy as a Lego house.There is so much to tell about our hobby, its passt and its future.It has to be done by somebody which is able to transform the passion experienced by all of us into an other passion, in pictures, in the manner to tell that story, with the best technic available and not the cheap one. I first decided to shot it in 35 mm and finally opted for HD Cams which are very close in term of possibilities finally to make a film which should be more than just a news reports.Compare the book of Mike about simulated instruments. You have all read several related reports everywhere about building simulated instrument. Mike did a book which is a gold mine for real instrument builder and even if you put every other reports together, you will never get 10% of what Mike did. That was my goal for that film. A film is normally thought for a kind of eternity. Good films, old good made documentaries can be seen even today, twenty, thirty years later. Unfortunately TVs have created a new style of consuming pictures, the trash TV. Rafael, if your neighboor is interested for investing in such project, may be mine could come alive and we should discuss about it. I would come over to Andalusia and meet you. Muchos gracias and saludosRoger

Guest perchas

Hola Roger,I propose, when you come to Spain, you remain days in my house of Campo Real (Madrid), you are invited, my wife speaks French language You can visit Andalucia traveling in the TGV.SaludosRafael

Guest SHORT360

Hola Rafael,That's really kind, indeed. I thought that you were also living in Andalusia close to Manual and Alberto. Best regardsRoger

Guest SHORT360

Could you send me your e-mail adress at roger.wielgus@noos.frThanksRoger

You know what... Don't give up the fight just yet.How many of us with cable or satellite watch 'Discovery Wings'?I know I'm a big fan, and they are always looking for new material. Several months ago they ran a special on flight simulators and it was a hit.I am growing weary of the black and white "Soviet Helicopters of the Red Star" over and over....

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

Guest SHORT360

Hi Ray,Many thanks for your encouragement, but you know I am just a sensitive and emotional filmmaker not really able to deal with the "hard" real world. I had to let my producers making that part of the job and thy failed.The production which was trying to set the financing said having spoken to the discovery wings channel responsable. But probably with London and not with the States. There is yet may be a little chance, but I have to wait to see what happen. It could be that the solution comes from one member and provider of our community. Cant say more yet, but I am still staying with some hopes. Who knows......Thanks for your support, Ray.Best regardsRoger