Sign in to follow this  

Force Feedback sticks and autopilot?

Hi, there is this "feature" in FS2002 that really bothers me.If you have a FF stick, fly manually up to cruise altitude and then let the plane accelerate a bit and engage the autopilot, then let go of the stick. What happens is that when you let go of the stick, the Force Feedback is turned off, because most FF sticks have a sensor of some kind. Ok? So far, yes.When you then reach for the stick again, FF is turned on, but the trim forces have changed since you let go of it, and it goes crazy and causes the plane to pitch down and up violently, it's like a a roller coaster ride.Is there any way I can fix this? One way I found is that I can put a piece of tape over the sensor and the forces will still be active, but there must be a better way :) Is there for example a way to disable stick input and force feedback while the AP is engaged (and automatically turn it on again when you disengage the AP)?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

>When you then reach for the stick again, FF is turned on, >but the trim forces have changed since you let go of it, and >it goes crazy and causes the plane to pitch down and up >violently, it's like a a roller coaster ride. >Is it not posseble to re trim again? If not why not?Which FF stick do you use? Maybe another FF stick would work better?I get the impression that a force feedback joystick isnot useful in FS2K2 if you intend to use the autopilot featurefrom time to time? Is it so?I'm asking since I am looking for a new stick to my computer andI wan't it to function with FS2k2.

Not the case with my MS stick that I have. Aircraft just flies straight and level with AP on. Stick moves like normal only no reaction from aircraft. When AP is turned off all is as before it was turned on. No trim changes or the like needed.