Sign in to follow this  
Guest egalliher

Massachusetts Sim Builders?

Guest egalliher

Hey everyone,Im slowly getting prepared to build an as realistic as possible a340-5/600 cockpit, I have about another 5-6 months of research to do before i start building tho. I was curious if there are any sim builders in the metro Boston area, or in the greater new england area for that matter, who wouldnt mind being used as a bit of a mentor. Im sure I'll be requiring lots of help :)My goals for this project:1. As close to reality a340 cockpit as possible, everything except full motion.2. Once flyable, open it up to local AVSIM/VATSIM/etc enthusiasts3. Eventually host something like the World Flight OZ. 4. Map and write a from desktop to cockpit flying tutorial. 5. Complete in a 5-7 year time frame.(lofty goals, im well aware :)So if you are in the Boston area, let me know!Eric

Guest Pete737NG

Hi Eric, Im Pete I live in East Providence RI. I am waiting on the delivery of my MIP from FDS for my B737NG project. While Im in no position to do any mentoring (there are many more qualified individuals for that) I would be glad to share any basic knowledge I have. No doubt as my project get's under way I will be able to help you in greater detail. Nice to have another builder in N.E -Pete

Guest PoRrEkE

Hi Eric,Well if you find mentors .. you'll find most people on this forum very helpfull :)Ow and from Boston you say ? Weren't the guys from The Sheila Divine from Boston ? They ruled !! Soooooo sad they split up :( I saw them twice live in Belgium. Last time even in the city where I got my dorm!

Guest sri777

Hi Eric and Pete,Glad to meet other builders from NE(finally!). I am a 777 planner and soon be a builder. I'm from metro boston area. Not sure about mentoring either but definately interested in helping each other from the area...-srini

Guest JBaymore

Hi Eric, Pete, and Srini,I'm another NE cockpit builder up here in southern New Hampshire. "Home airport" is KASH.I am the moderator of the SimV "Homebuild Cockpits" forum... and have been working (s...l...o...w...l....y) for about a year and a half on my pit. Doing a non-motion generic jet...... left seat only..... designed around fitting on a footpront of 5 feet by 5 feet.I am FAR from "mentor" material either.... more like bumbling idiot.Anyway...... just wanted to let you know there is another one of "us" around New England.

Guest sri777

Hi John,glad to hear from you. Home airport KASH..huh! what a coincidence... that is my home airport too...!!!!Infact, a couple of months back, on FreeFD forum i noticed you are from NE area and sent a private email to your compuserve account. But never heard back from you...btw, what happened to FreeFD project any idea? Their website seems to be down for last couple of days.I am still in research mode and only recently built the IOCards interface cards and playing with the software. Planning to build a CDU very soon. -srini