Sign in to follow this  

Best Mallorca Scenery?

Hello there,I am looking for a scenery for the Island of Mallorca (Baleares). I know there are a few commercial products available from aerosoft, the Baleares scenery and the Dus 2001 scenery. Can anybody tell me whether these products show a good representation of the island (not only the airport)? Are there any freeware/shareware sceneries available?Thank for your helpAlexander from Germany

Try the Balearen scenery from Toni Agramont.Available at the www.flightsim.com library, file bale2002.zipRob

Guest gasebah

Hi Alex,ich hab die Balearen Scenery. Da ist eine Menge von der Altstadt mit drin nicht nur der Airport selbst. Detailreichtum gut bis sehr gut.Framerates in LEPA katastrophal schlecht selbst auf meiner schnellen Maschine (XP2100+, GF4Ti4600) geht es manchmal abw

Alex with my machine i'v got about average 20 fps on mallorca (lepa) with an XP2000 + and 1000 gb of DDR and with a simple V7700TI 64 mb DDR...Never below 15 fps :-)awfEHAM

André

Guest gasebah

Strange enough because I am sure there is nothing wrong with my machine. Very smooth even in dense add-on airports other than the baleares. Do you use any AI traffic with that scenery?. Maybe I should just reinstall the scenery. What are yr settings (scenery density, dynamics and stuff). I also have all settings maxed out except mesh (87%) and am running with 1600x1200x32 and stuff in the background (Flightmax) etc. It is sometimes hard to compare fps if you do not take the settings into account. As a fact that is my slowest add-on airport. At GAP EDDF with lots of AI traffic e.g. I never fall below 16-17 fps.Alex

Alex I'll agree with GAP (EDDM/EDDF/EDDK) great sceneries, however as for LEPA from Sim-Wings my experience isn't that worse as you describe never below 15 fps.Also a lot of AI at LEPA (PAI with custom flight schedules and planes of Iberia in Spain till they relase the official schedules) My settings every thing maxed out except:ATC 80 %Clouds 75 %No ground scenery cast shadows.awfEHAM

André

Guest gasebah

Can you pleeeze pleeze send my the flightplan.txt files for Iberia? I would be most grateful. I am just too lazy to write them myself. There are repaints available at PAI , right?Alex

Alexander,a short evaluation since I know of 3 alternatives:I use a combination of:1) Baleares Freeware Mesh & Landclass (search download section)2) SimWings (the island is *much* better now) and 3) Oliver Pabst's LEPA2000 (updated for 2002) sceneries.Oliver's scenery is derived from FS98/2000 and has some advantages:-MUCH more framerate-friendly.-Moving Busses, Catering, Pax Bridges etc. It has even Com-Frequency-activated docking/catering! Not as cool as his EDDW scenery but same technology and still a winner.-Freeware.Disadvantages (Oliver's knows of them)- Derived from earlier version -> Lacks some visual effects, especially in night lighting- textures in general look a bit FS98-ish (big pixels)However, I have also to give proper credits and acknowledgement to simwings, their scenery is outstanding, flawless, looks extraordinaryly (good!), and is the only (commercial) one to cover the island! And, I also use it (the island, but overlay the airport). The Baleares package also includes Son Bonet (Mallorca, General Aviation), Ibiza and Menorca Mahon (Airlines) & Son Luis (Gen Av) Airports. All with remodelled islands and in *TOP* quality. Definitely worth the money.Stay away from LTU, if You are interested in the sceneries only. The LTU package gives You:3 (out of 4 used by LTU) Airbus models looking like FS95/98 - not up to standard! Also, NO 757 models included, and the 757's are still flying!1 (!) panel for all ROUGHLY looking like Airbus - but You have to be in cockpit view mode to change aircrafts, else FS crashes.2 Airports: DUS, LEPA (Patch available to at least include the Platja de Palma).a handful of flightplansPersonally, the only addon I ever bought and afterwards regret it.So, my personal advice: If You are only interested in LEPA, (and have at least ISDN,) get Yourself the download version of SimWings. Otherwise, buy the Baleares package and download the AI traffic patches from SimWings homesite.And, download & try out LEPA2000(2) from Oliver http://flightsimmers.net/airbase/opabst/and check Yourself if You like it.Happy Flying,ToMey

Hello folks,thanks very much for all your help, I really appreciate it!I've got allready Oliver Pabst's airport scenery and it is really a beauty and the dynamic scenery makes the airport come alive.But the dynamic planes do not mix very well with the FS2002 ai traffic. Does anyone know how to turn them off?RegardsAlexander