Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robid

Latest pictures of 777 throttle quadrant

Guest Robid

Thought I'd post a couple of pictures to update everyone on my progress since my last picture post.Thanks to everyone who gave advice on different aspects.Don't have a pedestal to put it in so I've made a box which also holds all the FSBus boards etc.Backlighting is through dimming 5k blue leds via a PWM unit. (diagram of which is posted here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...2&topic_page=3) . (Diagram thanks to Gary at Chemelec for his input and designing the PWM for me http://www3.telus.net/chemelec/Projects/PWM/PWM.htm)Next project is a homemade cnc machine to make a nice job of the panels. (I know it's not the right forum, but I know there are sim builders out there who have made or use cnc machines for making parts that may want to give me some advice.David

Guest Erups

Compliments on the quad: looks awesome!Speaking of cnc, just now i finally finished building the control electronics: 250$ of components for a 4 axis driver card.Not including any power supply or case.But it was beautiful after months of slow careful work, only to see the command-status leds blink to the data feed from the pc!Tomorrow with daylight i'll shoot some photos of the beast :)

Guest Robid

Look forward to seeing the photos, and I'm sure I'll once again pick your brain about the driver card designs etc.Just after I posted this thread, I read that you were in the process of building a cnc. I thought that very co-incidental.David

Guest Alkit

Hello David,May I know how do you build the flap lever and interface the different levers??Does your flap lever need to be pulled and move?regards,Alkit