Sign in to follow this  
Guest PoRrEkE

LCD 8*2 characters & negative backlit in EU ?

Guest PoRrEkE

On the reichelt site: no such thingOn the velleman site: no such thingOn the conrad site: yes, but not negative backlitOnly site I know where they got them is crystalfontz.com but if I purchase them there I'll have to pay import taxes.Anyone know where to find them inside EU ?

Guest Erups

Why only 8x2?I buy mine on ebay, and as long as i stay below 45

Guest PoRrEkE

Why 2*8 ?Simple .. I plan to use them as e.g.1 for ALT (ap)1 for NAV1 & NAV1 SBY1 for COM1 & COM1 SBY1 for XPDR1 big one (2*40 for other data which I will moint in the space where the FMC is (I hate FMC anyway)).The plan is to mask the LCD such that only the needed char. are visible. Sad story to mask a 2*40 if you only need 4 chars for the XPDR ..And if you look at crystalfontz, a 2*8 negative backlit costs $ 6.62 if I order 10.That's a VERY good price though it becomes less special if I would have to add taxes. Someone from US willing to order them for me & ship as 'gift' ?

>On the reichelt site: no such thing>On the velleman site: no such thing>On the conrad site: yes, but not negative backlit>>Only site I know where they got them is crystalfontz.com but>if I purchase them there I'll have to pay import taxes.>>Anyone know where to find them inside EU ?I guess the USD is so weak currently it'll be about the same price at the end..?//Tuomas

The tax would be the VAT of your country - like, if I order stuff from Mouser.com, I end up paying customs (some tiny percentage) plus VAT (22% in Finland) - that doesnt sound too bad compared to the