Sign in to follow this  
Guest mmorrell

FSBUS, FSINTERROGATE and the Aeroworx King Air B200

Guest mmorrell

All,I thought I'd float this question here before I spend endless hours trying to figure out if it is possible to do ;)I am palying the the idea of using the Aeroworx B200 as the model for my cockpit... it simulates all of the annunciators, bleed air, electrical, fuel and cabin press systems (sort of).They used the FS9 SDK to builkd their panels. I have asked them for a list of the variables they used (is that the right question?).My quesion is - is it possible to use FSINTERROGATE to find the values they are using for these differnet systems in order to set switches and annunciaotr lamps using FSBUS? I have played around with it a little and can clearly see the standard FS9 variables - what about a custom set of panels such as with this aircraft? I imagine that this what builders using PMDG's stuff do.Any assistance is appreciatied!

Guest mmorrell

Is there no one who can help me with this? Here's where I am... I can see some of the values changes when flipping switches on the panels using FSInterrogate scan for changes, but the majority do not seem to be changing anything in the memory locations that fsinterrogate is looking at. Particularly disappointing is that I don't see values for the bleed air switches, most of the deice stuff (just prop and surface-all). Any advise is appreciated.

>Is there no one who can help me with this? >>Here's where I am... I can see some of the values changes when>flipping switches on the panels using FSInterrogate scan for>changes, but the majority do not seem to be changing anything>in the memory locations that fsinterrogate is looking at. >Particularly disappointing is that I don't see values for the>bleed air switches, most of the deice stuff (just prop and>surface-all). >>Any advise is appreciated.What do you want to do? Does the function even do anything in FS?What I am after is, do you even need to wire it to FS? Some things you could perhaps build with the FSBUS "CCC" logic even. If there are switches that you just turn on and the only effect is a led that lights up, just wire it directly, or via CCC if you want a small delay.Do Aeroworx even simulate the de-ice so that if you dont turn on the de-ice for props, the props can accumulate ice? If not, just put some procedural switches there - you always use the checklist anyway, so you dont get icing since they are on. It does not matter anything if they actually dont do anything in FS itself. The switches are there, you turn on all de-ice and you get no icing. As far as your cockpit is concerned, everything works. Icing is not very well modelled inside FS anyway.Same with any other switch that does not really have a real effect in the flight modelling. Just put a dummy switch there that you turn on when reading the checklist - no use wiring it up if it does nothing visible in the sim. That might remove a bunch of switches from your list.//Tuomas

Guest mmorrell

Thanks Tomas... bleed air is required for the cabin altitue system and (i believe) to acitvate the deicing boots. Both systems I am dupicating in my simulator. That's my main concern.Secondary is the I do not read a change when switching the invertors... how the hell am I supposed to make coffee?

Guest Binkles

Isn't that suppose to be the cabin crews job to make the coffee?I was trying that system, but the cats keep dropping fur in my coffee when they make it - never hire cats to be your cabin crew, Wife had dibs on co-pilot though :(