Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brett

Potentiometers.

Guest Brett

oh well if thats what jittering is like thats good enough for me. I tried out my gameport joystick and I notice what you mean and I thought it was way worse.Thanks

Very interested in this subject too.I looked at the MJOY project (www.mindaugas.com) which seems very promising.I especially liked the autocalibration option, but I couldn't find anything on the jitter-filter. Does it have one? (Like the product form Betainnovations)Also what happened to the Betainnovations website? It is gone for a while. Does any know?Roel.

Guest Brett

ya what happened to Beta Innovations I would like to use their plasma board. Is there anyway else to get them?

Guest Brett

ah nevermind it's a shame Leo closed. This is what I want does anybody know where you can buy them?

Guest twabi2

any electronics store :) really!

Guest Brett

lol laugh at me all you want but the only electronics store I know of is Radio Shack and they didn't have them :(

Guest Brett

can somebody tell me some please?Thanks

Check www.mikesflightdeck.com - he lists a lot of good information for all things sim building. Also links to electronics stores.//Tuomas

Guest Brett

I think I found one. Can somebody please confirm this is the right part. It's on www.allelectronics.com and it's CAT# DB-15PThanks

Yes, that's the right plug. You can also go to Radio Shack, they sell them there too, though only the larger stores have the full selection of component drawers.One other option from Radio Shack is their twin joystick Y-Cable. It's one male plug with two cables both commected to a female plug. Cut the two females off, stri the two cables, and you have a plug with about 6 or 8 inch tails already wired into it.Richard

Guest Brett

cool thanks. I couldn't find one in Radioshack even on the online store maybe I'll look again. The y cable sounds good thankks

Guest Brett

does anyone reccomend a good kind of wire for soldering to the connector plug thing.Thanks

Guest Ronson2k

If you need to (down or up) size the movement just use a bell crank. RC shops have these in abundance but you could probably build one to your liking. A custom one would give you all the movement you need to convert the movement to make the full sweep of the throttle.No doubt about it...Ronson2k

Guest GusB

The connector in original post (picture) looks more like a 25 pin and NOT a 15 pin. Also, is it a male or female?? In the states you can also try Digikey (www.digikey.com) , Newark Electronics (www.newarkinone.com), Mouser Electronics (www.mouser.com)or Allied Electronics (www.alliedelec.com)for parts.

Guest Brett

Yes, the picture above has 25 pins. I just wanted an example so others would know what I meant when I said connector.Ronson, thanks for the info on bell cranks, it sounds promising. By the way what is an RC store?Thanks