Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brett

Potentiometers.

Guest Ronson2k

Yep.RC Store = Radio Control (hobby shop)If space is an issue the smaller ones would probably be best. Basically a bell crank is a lever. You can change the through of another lever by mulitplying its distance from vertex with.http://www.lawnandgardenparts.com/bellcrank/These are for Lawn Mowers I think. Another place to get them would be a Car Part supplier (carborator throttle bodies).(o) small movement in is then magnified by the( )( )_______________(o_______________O = larger movement out../Axel of the bell crank or vertex.But you can see what I mean. They give you a levered advantage to magnify the movemement of the your throttle lever. Small movement into a bell crank and a larger movement out. You could also make one out of household door hardware. This would give you the greatest flexiblity in momement amplification but they are also large in size (may not fit into your cockpit throttle pedistal). Of course you could also run cables from your throttles to a bell crank potentiometer area. You may find in some respects this is how the actual aircraft do it.No doubt about it...Ronson2k

Guest Brett

Ok that sounds simple enough. Now that I have everything before I start any wire will work right?Thanks

Guest monarch_161

If you need any dimensions for your project, let me know. I'm building a Queenair using a real fuselage section. I know that its very similar to Kingair size because I have a Kingair panel fitted and its perfect, right down to lining up with the headset sockets.http://simflight.fotopic.net

Guest Brett

Sure that would be perfect! Really nice sim by the way