Sign in to follow this  
Guest skydvdan1

Matrox Parhelia and Athlon 64

Guest skydvdan1

I needed to know if anyone here is running a Matrox Parhelia with an Athlon 64? I ask because I just got my A64 yesterday with a MSI K8N Neo2 motherboard. I assembled the system with the Parhelia and fired it up. I got a long beep then 2 short beeps from the case but no image on the monitors. I can hear Windows starting through the speakers, but no picture. I removed the Parhelia and installed my old GeForce 4 4600ti and it worked as advertised. Is anyone else running this combination of processor, motherboard and video card? I have to wonder if it has something to do with the Nvidia Nforce chipset of the motherboard. Maybe I'll have to try the Via chipset. Any thoughts would be greatly appeciated. I miss my Parhelia already. Flying single monitor is like flying in a tunnel.Dan RelfeC-130 Flight SimC-130 Flight Engineer(real world)USAF

Hi Dan,Sorry to hear you have a problem.Im running The Asus K8V SE the VIA KT800chipset with the 3400+ processor and 2gig of ram with Parhelia 128megAGP 4x.Runs beautifully.No hassles at all since building it.I know some people have had probs with nvidia chip set.Have you asked on Matrox Forum?.They and others are quite knowledgable.if i can help further,just ask.lesP.S.Just make sure you have your Parhelia pushed in correctly.

Guest skydvdan1

Les, I just ordered the Via chipset version of the card yesterday. I'm sure that will fix the problem. Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just have an extra motherboard for a little while. Since I'm building my C-130 cockpit I know I'll eventually use it. Thanks again!!Dan RelfeC-130 Flight EngineerUSAF