Sign in to follow this  
Guest GZR_Frenchy

Boy, can that Heather cook!!

Guest SD Sim

:-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 Holy cow Heather, I'm floored! You and the DDG have outdone yourself. I took her out for a spin. Hats off to a superb effort. Hula dancers, music while I fly, oh my!!!

Guest Heather 636

Thank you SD, and nice flying over at BFU. Question is, just HOW MUCH did it impress Lisa? ;)Cheers!Heather

I very much appreciated this post...it gave the links to the files. I hadnt installed this bird til now. Thanks a lot. (Heather...kudos!)Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest GZR_Frenchy

Wow, you can say that again. I have this real slow 56k modem hooked up to the phone company with old clothes line. Took over an hour to download the Duck. Then downloaded Bill Melichar's new Tahiti scenery. Pure luck!! Soon I was sitting in the "Super Duck" pushing buttons on the panel in Tahiti. Really enjoying the panel. (I like modern stuff in Vintage Planes if well hidden.) Presto. Button No. 2 did the trick. Big time.I fly a new bird a little different from most, I guess. Being an old R/C pilot I take off and land mostly from outside the plane. It puts me back into my old R/C flying days and fits right in with flying models this way for years. Also, gives a good feel for the flight dynamics of the plane. If you have never flown R/C there is a good chance you won't understand.She took off perfect right off the reel. Only a little rudder which a big radial needs anyway. Slowly watched the shadow receed and swithed back into the cockpit. Decided to fly around the Island for a lookee lew. Music was perfect. Set up the AP and enjoyed the view. Full circle about the Island and lined up on the runway. Switched to outside view to land. (Yeah, I know -- weird.) Watching the shadow cross the threshold was spot on. Throttle chop and settled down perfect. What a sweetheart!! Great plane. Great panel. -- and a lot of imagination putting it all together. Yeah, had a good day.Opps, almost forgot to say thank you.Thank you!!Frenchy -- out.

Guest SD Sim

"Question is, just HOW MUCH did it impress Lisa?" Well, I'm not certain yet, but I think the rest of the trip is going to be a real adventure :-lol