Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

"It looks just like Flight Simulator!"

Guest DNelson

One of the things I enjoy most about having a PPL is the opportunity to take someone up on their first small plane ride. Yesterday I took up the 15-year old son of my best friend. Before flying for real I fired up FS2002 and let him "fly" it for a while so he could get an idea of what to expect. Several minutes after takeoff yesterday, after he quit grinning enough to talk, his first comment was, "It looks just like flight simulator!"Dan

Guest Mark_Herring

Interesting you should say that. I went up with a friend in his WACO YMF-5 back in June and while he let me tool around the in the skies with it, he commented that he took a friend's son up a few days earlier and he said "It looks just like my flight simulator!!!"My friend corrected him - "No, your flight simulator is supposed to look like this!!!" :-)

Guest A386

Hi,if you saw "Matrix" you'll know why Cessna, Boeing & Co. only simulate planes. Reality is Fake, Realism only inside your PC!;)Andr

Maybe I've been that 15-year old boy... No not really, but I was flying too, no Saturday. My FIRST landing without an instructor having his fingers at the yoke *PROUD* :-hah :-sun1 :-hah :-cool :-hah YEEE HAAAA from startup til shutdown he only did the communications with ATC. It was sooo damn great.BTW - FS obviously doesn't simulate taxiing, turbulences, elevator trim... etc etc etc not very good, no, even darn bad!!!Sorry if I bored you, just had to share this with someone... :-smoochCheers! :-wavehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fs2k2/avsim/sig.jpg... under short final 25L EDDFWhich is not fitted cannot cause trouble...

Guest Vulcho

On my very first intro flight the intsructor let me do all the controls up until 5-10ft off the runway, and even then I had a bit of control. It looked just like Flight Sim... except the feeling of joy could not even come close. :)http://turnhead.com/dot/alex/banner-retro-cool.gif

Damn right! You really need your a$$ shaking :-hah! Then ya got tha real flyin' feeling.Actually that was already my second introductory flight... Just couldn't get enuffa this... :-hahCheers! :-wavehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/fs2k2/avsim/sig.jpg... under short final 25L EDDFWhich is not fitted cannot cause trouble...