Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle92395

CH Yoke or MS Sidewinder 2?

I'm thinking of upgrading my controller setup. This is what I've currently been using for years:CH Flightstick Pro (Gameport) & CH Pro Rudder Pedals (Gameport).I'm pretty happy with the current setup but I'd like more buttons and a 8-way hat switch (my flightstick has only a 4-way hat). The joystick is also getting a bit old and isn't totally smooth/precise. I used to have a CH Virtual Pilot Pro (gameport yoke), and while the concept was nice, the motion of the axes were not smooth and it did not mount well either.Could anyone that has owned both the Virtual Pilot Pro and the newer USB yoke compare the two? If the new yoke is anything like the gameport one in its poor control of the elevators, I think I can happily strike it off my list.So that leads me to the Sidewinder Precision 2. How is this joystick for FS2002? Would its performance be more smooth and accurate than, say, my old gameport Flightstick?I like my old pedals, but in order to continue using them I'll probably have to keep my flightstick around to use as a dummy joystick for the gameport.. which means any second joystick will need to be a secondary device (ok for FS2002).Your thoughts would be appreciated! :)Mike

Guest Eagle92395

I only had the really really old CH Flightstick Pro (like 8, 9 years ago) but I tend to be really happy with Microsoft's things. I have the Force Feedback 2 and the Precision Race Wheel / Pedals. I use the race pedals as my rudder pedals minus the toe brakes. I'm into more stunt flying and fighter piloting, so the joystick was an easy choice. If you do more large jet/passenger type flying the yoke is probably a better decision.