Sign in to follow this  

How do you resize pictures?

I was interested in posting some shots and also uploading a file but I can't figure out how to resize pictures. Also, how would you change a JPEG to a GIF? I would like to include a thumbnail with my upload. Thanks for any help!Eric

Guest Smiley

Open the jpeg in MS Paint or other art program then you can "save as" and change the save as type in the selection drop down window in the program. To change the file size of the image you can use the "Image" button in MS Paint then "Stretch/Skew" down to the size you want. Use the save as and you will still have your original to go back to if you don't like what you have done.

Hey, thanks for that info. I can't beleive I couldn't figure that out! When I tried to save it in MS Paint though, GIF was not an option when I tried 'Save As'. It was just JPEG and .BMP options. Any ideas on how to get that to work? Thanks!

Guest Smiley

Hmm . . . in my install of MS Paintbrush I have 6 options available to "save as" (monochrome BMP, 16 color BMP, 256 color BMP, 24 bit BMP, JPG and GIF). If you do not have these in your install they may have been added when I installed aftermarket add-ons. I have Adobe programs that do everything I want when I want to take the time to open them.

Yeah, mine stops at JPEG. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal. At least I know how to resize now. Thanks for the quick replies!Eric