Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Floppy Ducks - Please respond

Guest Heather 636

In my efforts to pinpoint the cause of this problem, would those of you who have had a problem with the erratic flight dynamics of the Duck please tell me if you are using FFB or not.Thank you.Heather

Floppy Duck here.I use the Microsoft Force Feedback 2.If I disable the forces in FS2002 before loading the Duck all is well. When the Duck is loaded and I turn the forces back on as soon as the menu clears she goes nuts. Sometimes into the ground sometimes into the air. Although most of the time her tail sinks into the ground or she rolls to one side and then CRASH.I know you put a lot of work into the air file to make it just right so I'm sure you want to fix this but as I said in the other thread she does fly well with the old air file.Good luck.Pepe

Guest Eagle92395

Yes Heather, I am using the FF2 as well... :( as suggested, I downloaded the old air files and they work fine. It's a beautiful plane though ;)

Hi Heather,Hope you don't give up on this AIR file without a fight (please read my comments over at the 'club). If you don't solve the FFB problem with this air file, maybe you could package it with both. The original for those with FFB.

Guest Heather 636

Nope, not giving up. Just stepping back to catch my breath before round two.I rarely give up on anything I tackle until I know in my heart that I have done everything possible within the scope of my knowledge and skills. Even then, when I may think that I am done, gone as far as I can go, I may often come back to worry at something even more when I have had time to think about it or learn a new trick. I should have been a detective.At this point, I have come to a 98% positive conclusion that the problem is in the air file and affects only those trying to use FFB.Itook a break yesterday, got some flying in, have slept since then and feel much better.Going to tear into that air file today and see if I can figure that problem out. Now I just wish I had a FFB stick. Would sure make testing a lot easier.At the very worst, in light of the possibility that I cannot fix the problem with my limited skill, I will follow the suggestion of including both air files in the upcoming patch.Sincerely,Heather Sherman

Hi Heather,For what it's worth:I have the same problem with my Logitech WIngman FFB.No problem when I switch the forces off in FS2K2, but the moment I switch them on, it's all over the place. And switching it off again, it comes to rest again like a real Duck should :-)Rob