Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrianC

Is is possible to clear up smokey windows???

Am wondering if it is possible of clear up (either partially or completely) the smokey or tinted effect some designers place on the vc forward and side views. I'm thinking of the Gforce Cessna 150H and some Ercoupes among others, where the attempt for a greater realism may cloud side views a little too much. Is there an editable line in either the aircraft.cfg or panel.cfg files that controls the extent of tinting or smokey effect or is this effect incorporated in a .bmp file? Hope someone can clear up this issue! Thanks.Richard Ball

I don't think I have seen the effect you are refering to - however the effects on the windows certainly do not come from the .cfg files. Any texture effect will be part of a BMP or general transparency can be set in GMAX itself. You can edit the BMP if you can find it (although you may need to save it through DXTBMP / Imagetool so you can edit it). Anything done in GMAX you cannot change !!!

Dick I have that 150 and the same problem... it's nicely done but seems a bit too dark at times :-)I'm afraid it cannot be changed but by the designer.The only other option is stop smoking and/or open the windows :-lol :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Francois, OK, I'll just assume the effect is massive sunlight flare from my smudgy, finger-printed eyeglasses. Thanks both of you for the answers.

Guest BrianC

In my opinion, the smoke windows seem neat looking at first, but ultimately should be left out of airplane models. There is no bright sun glare in the simulator, so the only effect of the windows is to darken the landscape (which I find to be already dark enough). Right now I'm staring at the brightest light we can get, as are all of you behind this text.Brian