Sign in to follow this  

3dlabs Oxygen GVX1 Pro

I got my hands on one of these cards. It a very high end ($600) graphics card. Anyone have any experience with it in FS2k2?thanks!

Guest emergency_pants

Wow!! ummm... no, I haven't used FS2002 with it, but I'll be interested to know how it goes!I use one of these cards at work on my 3D modelling workstation and it's a nice card. I can only assume that you won't get any 3D problems anymore, providing you have a fairly ok processor. It's not so hot for 2D work on my machine but then again, I'm working on an older PIII 700 dual processor, so you may get some better results.At a guess, I'd say that you can turn your mesh complexity to the max without any problems.Drop another post and let me know... I'm dead curious!Simon.

Guest cornclose

It is a card primarily designed for AutoCAD and other design applications and as such is optimized for OpenGL. You may be able to get some Direct 3D drivers for it, but from what I remember when I used one with X-Plane (which uses OpenGL as the graphics API) it's performance was not expecially impressive.It really is not optimized for gaming as far as I know, even with OpenGL, as it's drivers do not make use of Intel and AMD 3d instructions (such as 3DNow!).I had better results with X-Plane on my Matrox G400 than with this card. The Voodoo 5 5500 which I replaced my Matrox with totally trounced it. The Geforce2 GTS is a superior card for gaming too.Chris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

I guessed this would be the case, but I'll throw it in for the heck of it to see what happens. I also have a geforce TI200, so I'll benchmark and post the results later this week.