Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

New Dash-8 Gauge crash...............

I've got WinXP, and haven't ahd any crashes with the Dash 8.

BobK

As for the textures, as far as I know, it's just a base model. It's up to others to paint it.

BobK

I have a PIII 450MHz, GeForce 2, and 256Mb RAM... she works fine :) Superb effort, although it took me 3 attempts to download ... thanks to my ISP!

Glad to see someone else has similar problems to me.As for reading the panel I cannot read it at 1280x960 and have even lowered res but that does not change the size of the panels :-(I resorted to resizing them so I could read them and that's on a 19 inch monitor.I have the 'all-or-nothing' thrust making taxiing impossible, just hope that some refinements will come out eventually.

Hey,the only problem im having is i have no idea how to fly the thing. And i have diploma in aviation technology hahahahahaha. Maybe the author will start up a ground school and come out with an Aircraft Operations Manual so we can all fly the thing!! hahahaha j/k. The guages are waaaaaaaaay too small to read. And every time i apply power ive got horns and lights flashing. I have a hard time setting everything up for it to fly because i cant read anything on the panel. But as far as the model and actual panel design goes, this aircraft is second to none in my hangar, as long as i can get it off the ground :-lol Cheers

I'm with you on the gauges are hard to read. I'm leaning up too my monitor just so I can read the gauges and follow the checklist. I love this plane though. Just have to get use to it. By the way is there a CTRL-E option on this baby so us lazy pilots can take her up for a quick spin till we get use to the guages.

Turn resolution to 1280X1024. That should fix your gauge problems. As with the other problems, just read the manual.RegardsMoses

For everyone who has problems with "all or nothing" during taxi 1) use speed control on your joystick for throttles, not the keyboard2) Make sure the control is sensitive enough, to control the thing precisely . I and my beta testers are able to control the taxi speed with +-1 kts precision !For all other problems, read docs (at least 99% of those problems, which are mentioned in thei thread :)Hope it helpedOleksiy Frolov.

>Turn resolution to 1280X1024Maybe it's my 17" monitor, but the plane looked weird :-lol Thanks anyway! :)

Do you have an aviation diploma on Dash 8 - 300 ? I've sent my Dash 8 (during development) to 2 Dash-8 pilots, and they did not have any single problem flying this plane !ha ha ha.P.S. Read the doc :)Oleksiy

Perhaps it is too much like a "real airplane". There are proceedures to be followed for several circumstances. As posted elsewhere you can teach someone to "drive" almost any airplane. But the total flying function from startup to shut-down is complex and that is why they have classrooms for these things. I applaud designers who create SIMULATIONS of real aircraft and not just scenery veiwers. If you are into playing superman and flying alongside while admiring the excellent textures of many of the planes this may no be for you. Art can be in both the visual and the functional. This is art in a functional sense.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I have to admit that while I like to think of my participation as simming, the Dash-8 makes me face up to the fact that I have been participating as a gamer. This work is as demanding as any aircraft I have tried to use in FS. More often than not, I start a situation or a flight with engines fired up...with the Dash, I was forced to learn the procedure to do a "real startup." I copyblocked Oleg's excellent instructions into Notes so that I could readily refer to them with a quick F10 keypress. I kept going back and forth, trying to read the small gauges on my 1024x1280 resolution on a 17 inch screen. It actually took me well over an hour to get the engine sequence worked out, and that was just for the first engine...:-). Finally, I got both engines fired, and I started my taxi. I do have a throttle wheel on my joystick, so the dash taxied perfectly and was easy to control. However, I could not find the correct mouseclick point to dial in the second nav. Even wrose for me was that I could not find the trim wheel. But, I blame myself, not Oleg who I can only applaud and thank for his contribution to our hobby. btw, I have not had time to completely read, much less study all the docs. And, the damn sim kept me from doing some work I should have finished. I'll have to do that this afternoon before I can get back to simming, and trying to master Oleg's Dash-8...btw, I love the sound set which simply rumbles with my floor standing wharfdale W80 speakers which flank my screen...of course, my wife feels somewhat differently on that particular subject...:-)Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL

Hi Mark,I have XP (Home) and am also not having any crashes from this gauge, using the Dash 8. I also upgraded to the latest (just released) version of FPUIPC.Good luck with this issue, e-mail me if I can be of any help.Bruce.