Sign in to follow this  
Guest Polmer

My First attempt at a MCP

Guest Polmer

I am have almost completed my first homemade MCP and wanted to share it you folks. Just need to finish the V/S display and add a few more functions, but it is 95% funtional and has been a blast to play with so far! Like many of you, I cannot afford to go out a buy one (with getting a good arse kicking for my wife), so building this was my only realistic option.I have used the opencockpits I/O card for this project and have suprised myself that even I could get this up and running. As usual, it seems that most of the fun is building this stuff,talking with other people with the community and some trial and error....its about the journey.Next step...... learn how to program via SIOC.Hopeful my soldering burns will heal soon.PolmerWisconsin, USA

Guest MikePowell

I agree, it's about the journey.Good looking project, Polmer.Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.comwww.mikesflightdeckbooks.com

Guest washburn_it

Hi Polmer,you are doing a great job !You will see that learning SIOC it's not so difficult.I temporarely stopped with my home cockpit building since I'm doing experience and experiments with PIC programming and USB peripherals.It's pretty hard but if I can make it I think I'm going to implement my own I/O USB card system.Greetings,Bob

Hi Polmer,Great !It's great fun to make it yourself ! Did the same.Even greater fun is that you don't need to learn SIOC ......It's all programmed for you.....See: www.nicokaan.nlHessel

Guest Polmer

Great job Hans!Your MCP has a very polished look to it.Keep us updated on your project.Regards,Polmer

Guest Hans Krohn

Thanks!Sorry for the huge image... I thought I had just put a link in my postRegards,Hans