Sign in to follow this  
Guest guyjr

Project AI - help/working?

I finally installed it - couple of questions:1. will it work ok with other modified a/p with afcad?? with more gates, etc.2. how do i know its working ??I think it is but not sureciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest guyjr

I can only offer my own experiences so far with using the auto-installers from the PAI site. I've relied mostly on the help that's available there in the forums, so you may want to check those out for the official word.I installed the base, the Air France and Olympic AI files, and then the rest of them, and it works quite well on my machine. All that's happening is that a bunch of textures are being added to the PAI* directories in your aircraft directory as each airline is added. Then the traffic file is decompiled, entries are added to the .txt files to include the new liveries and flight plans, and then the traffic.bgl file is recompiled.The flight plans and liveries that are available there seem like they work properly... ie, at Chicago O'Hare, I get loads of United aircraft, while at London Heathrow I get loads of British Airways and Virgin. It's still a long ways off from having all of the "major" airports around the world fully staffed with all flights arriving and departing on a daily basis, but it is a _very_ good start and certainly makes the immersion factor increase tremendously versus the default "Orbit", "Landmark", etc liveries that come with the stock FS2002.If you want to add more traffic or liveries than what's available officially on the PAI site, you'll have to dig through their unofficial files section and probably do the installations by hand. I'm planning on doing that now (but probably with some files here at AVSim) for KATL, because it's still a little spartan without all of the Delta flights in and out.As far as AFCAD goes, you'll have to use a utility called AI Traffic Mover to map AI traffic to the new overlays at a given airport. For instance, one AFCAD that I got for KATL has 8 new overlays, which allows aircraft to be parked at specific areas of the airport, and also allows them to takeoff and land on more than one runway. I won't go into the reasons behind this (check out "aikatlm1.zip" here for some info on the subject), but suffice it to say that AITM makes it very easy to reassign aircraft to new overlays.