Sign in to follow this  
kunzel4

How to discover the offset in a gauge

Gentlemen ,I already put this question here and did not any reply for that .How can I discover the offset in a gauge ?My problem , I need to know the offset of AP Altitude and AP VS of the DF737-400 from Dreamfleet .Dreamfleet personel does not know .Any help is welcome.thanks and regardsAlberto K

*IF* the dreamfleet planes just use the regular MSFS AP values, then the AP Altitude is at 07D4, and the AP vertical speed is at 07F2.But, if Dreamfleet implements them differently, they might not even exist in an offset at all. The way to find out is to use the FSInterrogate applications "three way search" that comes with the SDK. Ric

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hi Alberto,Unfortunately you are going to find nothing!The DF737 uses own internal variables and not offsets so there is no way to read/write to these values.The only 737 that uses default a/p values is the outstanding FeelThere 737-300/400. The only thing that doesn't work is the IAS selector.Everything else worked fine in the original CD version and I had success controlling the a/c via FSBUS. But I don't know if it still works with the latest version because I had sold my FSBUS setup by the time the update was released.George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

>Hi Alberto,>>Unfortunately you are going to find nothing!>The DF737 uses own internal variables and not offsets so there>is no way to read/write to these values.>>The only 737 that uses default a/p values is the outstanding>FeelThere 737-300/400. The only thing that doesn't work is>the IAS selector.>Everything else worked fine in the original CD version and I>had success controlling the a/c via FSBUS. But I don't know>if it still works with the latest version because I had sold>my FSBUS setup by the time the update was released.>>George Dorkofikis>Athens, Hellas>http://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.pngHi George ,Thank you . I will try the Feelthere .Best regardsAlberto Kunzel

>Hi George ,>>Thank you . I will try the Feelthere .>>Best regards>>Alberto KunzelOr try the Level-D 767-300ER. For that aircraft you can build a fully operational MCP (and much more) based on FSUIPC ofsets via the Level-D SDK and my FSCONV program.Best Regards,Nicohttp://www.nicokaan.nl

>>Hi George ,>>>>Thank you . I will try the Feelthere .>>>>Best regards>>>>Alberto Kunzel>>Or try the Level-D 767-300ER. For that aircraft you can build>a fully operational MCP (and much more) based on FSUIPC ofsets>via the Level-D SDK and my FSCONV program.>>Best Regards,>Nico>http://www.nicokaan.nlNico ,Thanks for your advice .Really for us building cokckpits is very difficult to get a panel which have all our needs.Now I discovered that with Feelthere is impossible to pick the gauges and split them by two monitors , the main panel is only one gauge , the gauges are protected within the main panel , so there is no way to get those gauges individually .I am using FS Panel Studio and is impossible to extract the gauges from the main panel.RegardsAlberto Kunzel

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Huh???...That's strange!I had successfully moved the PFD and ND to a second monitor even on full screen with the FeelThere 737.You click on the PFD and/or ND, and drag them to the other monitor.Did you try that?But, as I said before, CURRENTLY, apart from paying heavy for Project Magenta or such there is NO 737 that allows interaction and can be used by home cockpit builders.The new boeing glass gauges however (see other posts past days) are looking very promising. And if the price of the FMC is low as they say, it will be a very good alternative.For now, the one and only aircraft with FULL home cockpit support is the LevelD 767 (like Nico already said).That's the one I'm building around too.George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

>Huh???...>That's strange!>I had successfully moved the PFD and ND to a second monitor>even on full screen with the FeelThere 737.>You click on the PFD and/or ND, and drag them to the other>monitor.>Did you try that?>>But, as I said before, CURRENTLY, apart from paying heavy for>Project Magenta or such there is NO 737 that allows>interaction and can be used by home cockpit builders.>The new boeing glass gauges however (see other posts past>days) are looking very promising. And if the price of the FMC>is low as they say, it will be a very good alternative.>>For now, the one and only aircraft with FULL home cockpit>support is the LevelD 767 (like Nico already said).>That's the one I'm building around too.>>George Dorkofikis>Athens, Hellas>http://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png>Hi George ,Thanks for your input.With PFD and ND is possible move them to other monitor because they are a window , but other gauges is not possible .The only way I am thinking to do is doing some direct changes in the panel.cfg as in there we have all gauges in VC area .The DF737-400 from Dreamfleet is easy to use for home cockpit , we can move all gauges , but the problem is that some offsets are not the default MSFS offsets , in order to bypass this problem I am using keymouse2 and a hacked keyboard , but I have some limitation to do an almost real cockpit .Maybe I will give a try with LevelD 767.RegardsAlberto KunzelRio de Janeiro - Brazil