Sign in to follow this  
Guest robfather

WIDESCREEN VS NORMAL

Guest robfather

Hi,I am almost at the stage of deciding which type of monitors to use and would appreciate some help/info on the best way to go. I'm thinking of using 3 x 19" monitors for the outside view in conjunction with Triplehead2go. Another 21" monitor for the PFD/ND and a 19" for the EICAS and standby guages.The difference between the widescreen and "normal" is approximately 1 1/2" - 2" in width and I could use 19" widescreen for the PFD/ND but am concerned about whether the guages and displays will look "stretched" This is the same for the outside view.Any advice would be very helpfulMany ThanksRob

I don't know about outside view, but for the PFD/ND instrumkents a 19" wide monitor is the best solution to give you the right size for these displays (at least in my 737NG cockpit). For the Eicas i have a 15" normal TFT monitor.If you are talking about 737 visit Engravity's site and check forums about MIP and best monitors.RegardsEddie ArmaosAthens - Greece

>Hi,>>I am almost at the stage of deciding which type of monitors to>use and would appreciate some help/info on the best way to go.> >>I'm thinking of using 3 x 19" monitors for the outside view in>conjunction with Triplehead2go. ....>Any advice would be very helpful>>Many Thanks>>RobI use the above setup with IR-Track and would recommend it to anyone for emersion. IMO it gives the best bang for the buck/pound/euro, etc.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

WARNING! The Triplehead2go now comes in 2 versions, digital and analogue. I bought the analogue verson for my cockpit and was extremely frustrated by the bezel misalignment. Basically, when you put several screens together, there is a physical gap between the edges (bezel) of each screen. Windows, and the TH2G see this all as one logical screen, without a gap for the bezel. When you bank, the horizons do not line up, giving an awful jagged edge. This has been fixed in the digital version, which includes "bezel management". Be warned!Kind regards,Trev

There is a Spanish pit-builder (sorry, don't have the link) who overcame this problem by off-setting the screen adjustment on the outer screen(s) so that part of the window is "hidden" by the bezel. Diagonal lines then display correctly. Don't worry too much. Folks who have used the TH2Go for some time say that the brain soon learns to ignore the jaggies.--Bryn

>There is a Spanish pit-builder (sorry, don't have the link)>who overcame this problem by off-setting the screen adjustment>on the outer screen(s) so that part of the window is "hidden">by the bezel. Diagonal lines then display correctly. >>Don't worry too much. Folks who have used the TH2Go for some>time say that the brain soon learns to ignore the jaggies.>>-->BrynWhat jaggies? LOL I have used a TH2Go with three monitors for months and I have never noticed anything amiss. Maybe there is? However, in my experience, during the fluid movement of flying you don't notice any misalignment. Then of course, I may need to get my glasses changed?;)I am sure the digital unit is better. Still, I would not pass up a deal on an older analog model.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

You can compensate for bezel widths very accurately and maintain full alignment between monitors when you display triple views LFwd,Fwd,RFwdon multi monitors. For details see my post July 23 on AVSIM /FSX/Hardware/Three Monitors/Multi Monitor Bezel Compensation.I don't know of any bezel compensation method that would work with the analogue TH2GO. There is a partial? compensation capability in the new digital TH2GO- but I'm told it cannot be adjusted for specific bezel width combinations. Anybody got better info here??Alex Reid

does anyone find it a problem seeing the bottom part of the panel (HSI etc) when using the Th2Go in 1024 x 3840 resolutions using 19" screens?i have to keep using the mouse to look down all the time as the whole panel doesnt fit in the screen.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram