Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Small movies of Ian Cameron's 767 flight simulator

Hi,Ian Cameron from Australia has built a Level-D 767 based flight simulator. In terms of flight deck systems coverage his cockpit is outstanding, thanks to the availability of the Level-D SDK.His interface system is Opencockpits (IOcards + SIOC). My Lekseecon program connects SIOC with the Level-D SDK.Some small video clips can be found at my website, page show case:Ian putting the battery switch on, Ian taking off at Sydney and Ian lands safely at Canberra.Have Fun!Nicohttp://www.nicokaan.nl

Guest RsZ

I have a question regarding Ian's Cameron cockpit.LDS767 does not offer networked gauges so is he using Project Magenta software??Let's assume that he already undocked the gauges and move them to LCD panels but if they're not network ready is it mean that there's only one Monster PC to manage the whole cockpit...?Thanks!Radzio

I would be very curious to know the answer as well. Seems that a lot of these add-ons, substantial as they are, have somewhat forgotten the home-builder market.Ray www.EllieSystems.com

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

How true indeed...However, LevelD 767 is the ONLY addon that provides us with a free SDK to be able to control 99.9% of its system through external hardware!!!I for one appreciate that and have not flown anything else since Nico Kaan released his interface program (also free!).So, not having network gauges is a small con against the ability to be able to control everything through real switches.And they say they still have the network gauges in their plans, but after they finish with the 757.I hope this still stands and they will keep their promise for FS9 at least.Cheers,George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

Hello to all. Then you do not create that there are to use a super PC. I use only a PC Intel cORE 2 dUO 6600, with 3MB of ram two graphical cards (GE Force NVidia 8800GTX that only I use it for the line of vision, and another 7800GT that I use it for the instruments) three monitors (one panoramic one of 21" only for line of vision and two of 19" for the instruments), ActiveSky X, Ultimate Terrain (Europe, the USA & Canada), FEX, and FSINN, Vista Ultimate 32Bits and FSX SP1 and frames oscillate between 28 and 45 (selecting it in Unlimite and with the options to a 85%). But it would wish to divide cokpit in two parts, so that in one it has only the primary instruments (MIP) next the Standbay and finally the instruments of engines, that are as it has Ian Cameron, but how not to become it. On the other hand, somebody knows the email of Ian Cameron, it has created some Web to show his cockpit? A greeting to all and thanks for the attention and possible aid that you offer to me.Israel Abril

Guest RsZ

Hello!Thank you for your answers guys.I have now much more inf regarding this problem and indead...Today's computers are realy powerfull so this could not be as big problem as I thought at the begining:) Quad core + 3-4MB RAM + 2xPCI video cards and you're home.From what I know it's still possible to use another machine for Squawkbox and ActiveSky (which are both fps unfriednly) just by using the WideFS software.So only 2 machines instead of 6-7-8 which I saw in some other configurations with PM soft - INSANE!Less problems, less cables, less energy, less temperature(!).That's great!

Guest sunbear

>I would be very curious to know the answer as well. Seems>that a lot of these add-ons, substantial as they are, have>somewhat forgotten the home-builder market.>>Ray >www.EllieSystems.com"somewhat forgotten the home-builder market." Yes, all except the plastic CH Yoke & Nascar rudders....jake

Guest RsZ

The answer is simple --> small market = small profits = high investment risk.Todays everything is about the money and the easiest way to be rich!:)

Guest bowingic

Hi AllI'm sorry I haven't been back to the forum for a few weeks or I would have replied sooner.With the current hardware available it is not a problem to run everything on one pc and have multiple panels. My main pc is an older one with with AGP motherboard. I run an AMD dual core processor and the main video card is a Radeon 1950 Pro, which runs the scenery and the FMC CDU via its TV out port. I also have a Radeon 9250 PCI video card which runs the Capt Panel. The centre EICAS panel is run via Maxvista to another pc (Pentium II with Geforce MMX card).The latter method gave me better performance than running it from the 9250's second VGA port. Currently the FO panel is just the Capt panel replicated via a splitter but the LDS's independent panel and EFIS will be implemented when I upgrade my pc (see below)I also run another relatively low end pc which handles download of weather (ASV6), VATSIM and IVAO ATC, FSLCD (for fuel qty readout on overhead), SIOC and IO Cards interface, FSBuild etc., so there is little impact on the main FS pc.All three pc's are networked and use WideFS (not to be confused with Wideview).I couldn't recommend the LDS767 highly enough as a cockpit choice as the SDK in conjunction with Nico's fantastic Lekseecon program allows almost every function on a 767 to be interfaced with relative ease. I'm intending upgrading my main pc in the future and I know from the good results I'm getting with a mediocre system at the moment that the new pc will handle everything very sweetly.If anyone has any further questions related to this topic feel free to contact me.