Sign in to follow this  

MS Sidewinder Force feedback 2 or MS Sidewinder Precisi

What is the best buy for use with Flight Simulator? MicrosoftsFF stick or the non FF precision pro 2 stick? From other threadsI have understood that FF has advantages (better realism when trimming stalling landing) but also disadvantages like problems when disengaging the autopilot and erratic forces.I know there is forces in real aircraft so a non FF stick is unrealistic in this regard. But does the problem with FF outweightthe advantages so to make it overall less realistic?

Hi,I have more precision with FF disabled.Next joystick will be the MS Precision 2.Or the same : 2nd hand of the 1st MS Sidewinder FF ProLongbow

Guest Eagle92395

I'd go with the FF2 stick. Mainly because if you want FF, you can enable it. If you don't want it, just disable it and it's identical to the precision pro 2.

I see no reason to choose a FF stick if I would not like itin FS2K2. In such a case it's better to spend the money ona good non FF stick like for example Saitek X45

>I have more precision with FF disabled. But do we also have more realism?

Jfri,FF is supposed to add more realism.I never fly a real aircraft.But i read sometimes a good pilot will not use FF because it is not completely realistic.Ask a friend to use his FF and see by yourself if you want absolutely a FF.I think nothing is 100% realistic with simulation.Longbow

>FF is supposed to add more realism. Yes I now that FF is supposed to add more realism,and the important question is how well does it accomplish this?>I never fly a real aircraft. >But i read sometimes a good pilot will not use FF > because it is not completely realistic. So the fact it's not completely realistic makes a non FFstick a better choice?>Ask a friend to use his FF and see by yourself > if you want absolutely a FF. I don't absolutely want a FF I wan't the best solution forflight simulation at that price level.