Sign in to follow this  

calling all x45 users, please help

I bought an X45 mainly so I could put trim on one of the rotaries but I am having problems with it. Basically the signal from the stick vibrates. On the 2d cockpit in fs2002 I can see the trim wheel vibrating up and down. The same thing happens on the other axes but this isn't a problem in fs2002 although it is apparant in BOB. I am sure that other X45 users must have trim set to a rotary and would like to know whether they have the same problem or is it steady? I have tried numerous drivers and fixes and I am 99% convinced that the stick is faulty but I just want to know whether I am expecting too much from the stick. However, I believe that a decent quality supposedly digital stick should produce a clean signal.thanksbailout

Hi,I use X45 with FS2002. I find it helpful to turn up the null zone in the sim's joystick sensitivity settings especially for the throttle will fix the problem for me. Otherwise I do not calibrate my stick in FSUIPC program. I can use the rotary knob to control the trim without any problem. I also use the recommended 3rd party driver from Rob Hunt's Saitek help center (You can get the link by going to Saitek forum at SimHQ.com). Hope this helps.With regard,Henry

I won't be helping much, because I use the upper left hat switch for trim functions. It works great!L.Adamson

Guest SoarPics

I had the exact same problem with my X36. Tried different drivers (as I recall I got them from Ron Hunt's site, but they made no difference) and increased the null zone (which helped somewhat). Calibrated in FSUIPC but no joy. The thing died last spring, and I replaced it with a Cougar HOTAS. No more wandering trim now. Sure is a lot easier setting a desired pitch trim. Hate to say this, but it might be a problem with the Saitek pots. Enough folks have posted about this problem that it would be nice if a fix is available.Regards,

Thanks for the replies, keep'em coming.re deadzone setting, this is fine for centering problems on a stick axis ie x/y axis but is no use use for a sliding axis such as a rotary or throttle control. ctfj used to have a deadzone setting for sliding axes that worked whereever the slider was set on its range but unfortunately it does not work on xp.Also the x45 is supposed to be digital unlike the x36 so I expected the digital processing of the signal to smooth out the slight noise you always get from a pot even if new. The problem has been occuring since new btw so it is not due to worn pots.

I just checked IL-2 Sturmovik, in which I have the two rotory controls tied to elevator and aileron pitch. They worked fine with no wavering, jumpiness, etc. So much for the "bad" Saitek pot theory... :)BTW---- forgot how much fun IL-2 is!L.Adamson

I have the same problem, and yes, the only way to fix it is with calibration. However, I find that my X45 has a similar problem, but with the rudder control. This is awfully annoying, and calibration in FSUIPC only helps to a small degree. I can increase the dead zone on this particular axis to its maximum, and the problem still exists. Also, this has been worsening with time (a failing pot?), so after less than four months, I'm wondering what I should do with the largest investment I've ever made into controller hardware. :-fume :-mad