Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Finally...I flew....I flew (in the new Dash 8)

Andy,As one of the few who have managed to fly this plane but cannot understand why others are having problems :-) can I ask what throttle you are using to fly the Dash 8 with?Like others I am having difficulty with the slow advance from idle to flight idle so even taiing at this stage is impossible.I will keep trying different settings in FSUIPC for my stick to see if I can the throttles to respond correctly and so get this bird off the ground.Thanks for the tip about the checklists, just d/loaded them.

Yessir. I use a CH Flight Yoke USB. All the axis are calibrated using FSUPIC. I replied in another thread to this problem, but it seems to me that the issue is simply that as the beta range is effectively FLT IDLE to about 24% prop pitch, you are talking about a few MILIMETRES of travel on my yoke or any comparable piece of kit. It just takes practice to adjust to this limitation. I had exactly the same problem; I contacted Oleksiy and he just advised me to persevere because the beta testers (real DASH aircrew) could taxi accurately without a problem. I believe he's right but you do need to persevere.Now if you want to talk tricky, try landing the bloody thing without hitting nosewheel first! Because the approach attitude is so nose down, the degree of 'pull' on the yoke required to reach the required 6% nose up means you lose shed-fulls or airspeed in the flare - more than is good for the pax! I can't do it reliably yet but practising is fun. I must've flown about 40 circuits at EGGP trying this thing out!Take care,AndyEGTR

Thanks for the response Andy, i saw the other thread on throttles but didn't read the names :-doh I will keep practicing :-)

Guest Crash_Hawk

Sorry about the crudeness of the sketch and things. I didn't have time to start up FS and make new pictures. I can if anyone would like me to.I hope it helped and sorry about the mess. :-(Crash

Hi Crash,No- this is great, your pics are good.I'm confused with the autopilot ALT and IAS settings beforeTO. Where is the autopilot? I've re-read the manual several times but I'm not sure what he's trying to tell us- anyone had this problem? Otherwise, I can TO OK.Thanks,Bruce.