Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

For those having trouble reading the DASH-8 panel

Guest PhilipManwaring

I want to start off by thanking Oleksiy Frolov and those who helped him for this awesome piece of programming and incredibly generous gift to the FS community. Thank you!With all this effort, it would be a shame for some of us running lower resolutions to miss out. For those having trouble reading some of the guage names, I have made some minor tweaks to the panel.cfg file that help alleviate the issue and make the guages quite easy to read on my system. I don't want to upload the file without Oleksiy's permission but I'll outline here the lines you may want to try changing.There are several windows defined in the panel.cfg. Just open the file in WordPad or some other text editor and change the following lines:In the section: Window01Change:window_size= 0.590, 0.440to:window_size= 0.80, 0.60Under Window02:Change:window_size= 0.140, 0.160window_pos= 0.010, 0.830To:window_size= 0.30, 0.340window_pos= 0.010, 0.60Under Window03:Change:window_size= 0.220, 0.280window_pos= 0.000, 0.720To:window_size= 0.40, 0.510window_pos= 0.000, 0.480Under Window04:Change:window_size= 0.470, 0.120window_pos= 0.540, 0.000To:window_size= 0.60, 0.150window_pos= 0.38, 0.000Under Window05:Change to:window_size= 0.450, 0.580window_pos= 0.54, 0.410And finally under Window07:Change:window_size= 0.370, 0.660window_pos= 0.630, 0.340To:window_size= 0.50, 0.90window_pos= 0.250, 0.08These changes will enlarge the panels to help with readability at low resolutions. Oleksiy I hope that you will not be taken aback by this post. I'm just enjoying your creation so much I wanted to help as many as possible enjoy this extraordinary effort.Happy flying,Philip.

Could you please post a screen shot of the panel with the changes.

Guest PhilipManwaring

Between the 700 pixel size limit and the JPEG compression, this isn't going to show it up very well, but the point to note is how much larger each sub-panel is by default. This has made the text very readable for me on my 17" monitor.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try it out.

Guest odog

some people are always one step ahead, thank youodog

Hi :)Thanks :) I'll give it a go :)Darren

Guest A32X

Many Thanks sir, that's a lot better! Perhaps you could send the file to Oleksiy and he could include it in Version2?Regards,

Or, just UNDOCK (right-click) and stretch for that session....Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

The resize worked great, and made it possible (along with the sample flight) to fly this aircraft properly. I would still like to increase the size of the main panel and it looks like there is room on the right to stretch things. Do you have the modifications to do this ? Anything you have is appreciated.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Now if we could just fix the jumpy throttle for good control below 50% torque, maybe I could land this thing. Give me the Piper Cheyanne's ease to configure in this terrific airplane and very responsive thrust control, and I'm in heaven.

>Now if we could just fix the jumpy throttle for good control >below 50% torque, maybe I could land this thing. Give me >the Piper Cheyanne's ease to configure in this terrific >airplane and very responsive thrust control, and I'm in >heaven. You must have some problem with your throttle control - because I don't have this problem with my Microsoft Precision 2 joystick-- throttle control is as smooth as silk.Barry