Sign in to follow this  

IL-2 Update

Well, thank you all for you recommendations. I've been stuck on IL-2 now for the past 2 days, logging at least 10 hours already of flight time. This sim surpassed all of my expectations (which were fairly high initially). Thank you all again. Here is my first kill. Earl

Guest Boone

Quite a thrill isn't it!?! especially after a long drawn out duel!!!Glad you like it - just think LOMAC is coming from the same crew!!!Boone

Earl: A couple of questions...1. Did you receive version 1.1 on your CD or was it 1.0 (or something in between)?2. If it was 1.0 did you have to make that 74 meg download update from the IL2 website? If I read it correctly, this is what is required to have a current version (...not too keen on a 74 meg dl on dial-up modem...).3. A segment of the website may not be updated but it does not indicate that IL2 is compatible with Windows XP. Can you tell me if this is listed on the box?I went to three stores yesterday and IL2 was not in stock in any of them; hence, my questions.-GeorgeM at 5B6

A:1.) The CD will contain the first version of the game without the upgrade which incidently will be Version 1.2 which adds a flyable Stuka and is released on Sep 2.2.) There are several mirror sites or just bite the bullit and copy the patch overnight using your dialup...3.) XP -- Box is put away right now so I can't say whats on it but, I've been using XP from the start, and it runs great! Ironically, benchmarks show this to be the fastest OS for this sim...This is a benchmark sim. Been at this hobby for 20 years and I can tell you that there are things in this sime that will BLOW your mind!Absolutely astoniushing. Screenshots can't even begin to describe how the sim "feels". The more you fly it, the more you'll see what I mean.As for LOMAC, it's published by the same company: UBI soft... But it is created by another developer than IL-2. Both developers seem to really know how to produce "hardcore sims".

Thanks for your response; I think I'm sold on it! Flying the aircraft is my primary objective but maybe flying the 'missions' may favorably fall into place.Thanks again...-GeorgeM

Guest Boone

FYI - I've been flying Il-2 without the patch (dial up reasons) and have had no problems at all. I believe the upgrade is available with this months issue of PC Piot but I'm not sure.Boone

Fly online!!!!Its a kick in the pants!!!!!Ed

HiYes the patch for IL2 1.1 is on the PC pilot disc for Sept/Oct issue but it is not the full patch, you still need to download the 1.04 patch before you can apply itAs of Sept 2nd the 1.2 patch will be released.Hope to see you online on the Ubisoft server, if you have not tried it you don't know what your missing.Zack Laws