Sign in to follow this  
Guest tallpilot

NEW BARON PANEL

That's not the 3D model. The default panel is taller, so the window is set smaller. Since your panel is smaller, try enlarging the window --ie:X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=3000orSIZE_Y=3500See if that helps.

Thanks a lot......I'll give that a go tonight.... If it's that simple even I should be able to cure it.....Cheers//Tonni

Guest RonB49

I hope that you get that little kink worked out. It looks great. R-

Guest tallpilot

Hi Tonni,Thank you for using my suggestion about the VOR/ILS indicator in the Baron panel. I think the one that you added doesn't have the ILS glide slope function though, only localizer. The type that provides both features has dual needles ( cross hairs ) like the #1 VOR indicator in the Cessna 182RG in FS2K2. If you could install that kind in your panel it would be great. I look forward to being able to upload and install your great panel as it is very close to the one in my Baron and I use this sim for practicing approaches. Thanks again.Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot

Hi Ed,Great suggestion for the 2nd VOR indicator. But, why would you need a second glideslope. The HSI already has one, doesn't it ?

Guest tallpilot

If you have a second ILS receiver it's a good idea to set it up for the ILS ( if it's not needed to identify a VOR radial that's part of the ILS approach)incase the #1 glide slope receiver were to fail. That way you can continue with the ILS approach and not have to revert to making a Localizer Only approach to higher minimums or making a missed approach because you don't have the glide slope information.The same thing is true when making a VOR approach. It's a good idea to set both VOR's ( if you have two receivers ) to the VOR course. This provides a cross check of the receivers and in the event one should fail you can continue with the good one. Like the Boy Scout Motto says " Be prepaired " :-) and use everything you have available when flying. Especially in weather.Regards,Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot

Tonni (cc. Ed, a.k.a, tallpilot)What is the possibility that you will include the other 2D interior views when you release this beautiful panel? I noticed that tallpilot is participating in this thread, and he is a real Baron pilot. If you don't already have a set of views, maybe Ed would be willing to do the honors...??? You have the potential to do the definitive Baron interior here.Stan V.

Guest tallpilot

Stan and Tonni,I've provided some interior and exterior views of my Baron to a gentleman that is doing one for the Flight Unlimited sim ( which I don't have ). I've also sent some pictures of my Baron to Heather who has graciously offered to do a repaint of the FS2K2 default Baron in my paint scheme. If Tonni would like a copy of those pictures I would be more than happy to e-mail them to him. My Baron is a 1965 B-55 so there will be some differences from the default Baron which is a B-58.(Different cabin windows and aft passenger door)Regards'Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot

Sorry Ed.....Just finished uploading the panel... Didn't read this post til after..I'll have to make the change in the VOR gauge in my next release...Hope the one I've uploaded will suffice til then....The file name is TJB58.zip.....Cheers//Tonni

Hi Ed.....I'd love a copy of those photo files.....If it's not too big send it to:kiwib58@yahoo.dkIf it's BIG (larger than 4mb) use my work mail:tj@asko.dk(Please don't use this one for anything else!)Cheers//Tonni

Guest tallpilot

Tonni,They're on the way in two e-mails. Hope they are ok.Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot