Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

New Meigs Field Scenery

In case you haven't seen it yet, there a great new scenery file over at flightsim.com giving a realistic representation of Meigs Field in Chicago. It's pretty scenery intensive but if you have a reasonably fast machine, check it out. The file name is meigs2k2.zip and it's authored by a fellow named Colin McGlothlin. Well done, Colin!Stan V.

Guest Toni Rauch

Yes, it's a very nice piece of scenery, particularly as most users still load Meigs as the 'start-up' location (by default).One note though - make sure you've downloaded and set up the tree texture files in 'MSTrees.zip', otherwise you'll see loads of grey blocks where the trees should be...Also, the scenery had no effects on my frame rates!Toni.

Thanks, but unless it's real flying I avoid Meiggs field at all costs ;-)

Hi Sure would love to see a screen shot. :-smile12This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert:-

Vl3MQY.png

Your wish is my command - enjoy. (BTW, this is Colin's scenery, not mine)Stan V.

Hi Stan,Whoa :-eekThanks sooooo much for the shots. Looking very nice indeed. I am in the process of down-loading at this moment. Tell me is hard on the frame rates? This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Robert,That's a hard one for me to judge since I have a 1.5 GHz machine with 512 MB of memory and an nVidia 64 MB MX2 video card. It runs very nicely on that. Toni above says his configuration handles it well also but I don't know what his machine is. Sorry,Stan V.

The scenery is nicely detailed and very well done! Runs very well on my XP2200+ system. I wish, however, the author would have included some 3D boats. The blurry patches just don't work for me, kind-of take away from realism during take offs, when looking towards Chicago.

Gotta give you that Geofa! This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Hi CharlesZ,FSSE looks very great as well...even a smoother look. Please tell me just how all that FSSE scenery effects the FPS. I have a slower computer, but it really runs FS2002 very well and even with lots of add-ons. I just might down-load this FSSE from lago. Seems like lots of cool files for the taking. Please let me know about FPS and FSSE in heavy scenery.ThanksThis Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

>FSSE looks very great as well...even a smoother look. Please >tell me just how all that FSSE scenery effects the FPS. I >have a slower computer, but it really runs FS2002 very well >and even with lots of add-ons. I just might down-load this >FSSE from lago. Seems like lots of cool files for the >taking. Please let me know about FPS and FSSE in heavy >scenery. Don't expect an unbiased opinion from me as I written the concept papers for FSSE, but framerates were VERY high on our list of things to keep in mind. All objects are highly optimized and they share a lot of the same textures to minimize the impact on framerate. Also many of the objects you can use are Gmax build (certainly in the new object pack we will have ready in a few days) and as such very easy on your system. I can honestly say that FSSE demands very little framerate per object shown.And as it is 'try before you buy' nothing stops you from trying it out.Mathijs

Hi Mathijs,Well I just regester FSSE a few minutes ago. Looks great already. You people are great!This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png