Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

New Meigs Field Scenery

Hi Mathijs,Do I need to install the Service pack to this version ? This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

>Do I need to install the Service pack to this version ? No, the full file is fully patched. I hope to have an update ready next week though, about 50 new objects, many Gmax, some even animated.Mathijs KokLAGO

even animated...thank you sir.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

>In case you haven't seen it yet, there a great new scenery >file over at flightsim.com giving a realistic representation >of Meigs Field in Chicago. It's pretty scenery intensive >but if you have a reasonably fast machine, check it out. >The file name is meigs2k2.zip and it's authored by a fellow >named Colin McGlothlin. Well done, Colin! >>Stan V. But is MS still selling fuel there?

Guest John_Hirsch

Charlie -There are five or six different FSSE files for KCGX (Meigs) available at the LAGO exchange. Which one do you show here?

BUMP!!!!This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Hi everyone!Yes, fuel is still provided at Meigs field. It is accessible by taxiing into and stopping within the black and white square around all the fuel trucks.Happy landings!Colin McGlothlin

Guest Shayt

Hi,I coud'nt find the file name you mentioned in AVSIM liberary.Is it somewhere else?Thanks,Shay

Guest Toni Rauch

ColinAre you planning to add any static aircraft (and/or associated vehicles etc.) to your Meigs scenery?Your screenshots showed some planes but I assume these were AI aircraft only....?RegardsToni.

John:The one I use is meigs.SE1. I have not tried any of the other Meigs files. This file even has people in the tower. The good thing about these files is that you can delete anything you do not like, or add to the file. I did notice that some of the files are so busy that it does suffer a frame hit, but again you can delete some of the items from the file very easily to make them more frame friendly.

Guest bruno

I've got FFSE and It never occured to me to put people in the towers!!! You pick up something new everyday!!

Guest Toni Rauch

BobDare I say 'Go to the other side' (;) ) at Flightsim.com and do a search for the file in the FS2002 Scenery library. It's called Meigs2K2.zip.(Don't forget to also download and install MSTrees.zip if you don't already have it).RegardsToni.

Guest Toni Rauch

Hi BobGo to Lago's site (www.lagoonline.com) and down the left side menu, select FSSE Exchange, then select Downloads, and then search for Meigs files. (Search under the ICAO code if you know it - I don't!)N.B. You must have Lago's Flight Simulator Scenery Enhancer program installed to enable the scenery.Hope that helps,Toni.