Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

Two Dash 8 questions

1. When I open the docs and I can't get the pictures to show up. Any suggestions. 2. I have read the post by Barry Ward to fix the sample flight, however, what is the FLT file. Is it the flight file for the sample flight located in MY FLIGHTS? Thanks Scott

ad 1)Have you installed the whole zip.file as advised by Oleksiy simply into the FS2002 main folder? This will create all the necessary subfolders by itself and enable you to see the docs with pictures.But If you open the html docs just out of the zip.file or if you have packed the html files in a folder by their own you won't see the pictures, as the html files will not be able to locate the jpgs.ad 2) not sure about this one. I am not so far at the moment, as I can load the aircraft only in outside view at the moment. When I go to panel view (using the S-key) FS crashes and I get the "report to MS..." note. If I try to load the aircraft from the "create a flight" menue, FS closes, very quickly and silently, without any hd-crackling or similar and without any error message on the screen! Really strange! I shall try to fix it tonight.RegardsWolfgang

Wolfgang, What version of windows are you running?

Real nice panel but after 10,000 + hours of RW jet time I still cannot fly this panel without being able to read the labels.Docs don't show anything about the panel or the start procedures that I can find.I use the auto start, sounds are awesome but get warnings when trying to just get it off the ground.bobg

with trouble of crashing, try this:rename fs2002.cfg to something else, like fs2002.oldcfg.then restart fs and it will build another cfg file.I could not get fs to come up after initial screen and this solved my problem after much cussing and fuming.If this is successful you will get fs up in full screen, after it comes up just hit alt/enter for menu on top.bobg

>Real nice panel but after 10,000 + hours of RW jet time I >still cannot fly this panel without being able to read the >labels. >>Docs don't show anything about the panel or the start >procedures that I can find. >>I use the auto start, sounds are awesome but get warnings >when trying to just get it off the ground. >>bobg Read the posting yesterday that told how to alter the panel.cfg file so that the popup panels are slightly larger and hence easier to read.Barry

Hi David,I'm running ME! But this was not the reason for the crashes! I had renamed the aircraft folder, which was automatically created by unzipping the downloaded file. Now I have changed the folder's name back to what it originally was and I have no problems any more - except for, that I'm not able to read any gauges on my old 15" monitor. ;)I think tonight I will try the solution for this problem, which is suggested by Philip Manwaring here in the forum.Regards,Wolfgang

Thanks for your suggestions Bob!As I wrote in my reply to David, the reason for crashing was, that I had renamed the Dash's aircraft folder. Now the folder has its original name back and the problems are gone!RegardsWolfgang