Sign in to follow this  
Guest RiddlePilot

New Nvidia driver out for Win 2000/XP

Guest gasebah

Wow, read the descriptions. That is supposed to be great. I will keep the anticipation up until tomorrow. It is getting late here.Alex

Guest daves0

ok...downloaded and installed---now what?It still looks the same to me...

Noticed a side note on the "up to 25% performance increase" claim on another site - is image quality is being sacrificed for that performance increase? An interesting point! Can driver code improvements really acccount for the cummulative speed increases (this one alone claiming up to 25%!!) we've seen in the various driver releases or are other elements, such as image quality and clarity, gradually being sacrificed in the quest for ever more frames per second?!Worth thinking about when the 2 most frequent graphics topics relating to FS2K2 are frames per second and image quality, especially the dreaded "blurries".I think I'll stick with the 29.42's for now :)

It'll take a bit more testing for me to say exactly what's happening here with FS2002 but my 3DMark2001SE score increased by 1034 with these drivers. That's about 8% and is a HUGE increase for a driver change. (Any time we can see a score over 13,000 with a Ti4200 something has to be working right.) FS2002 textures still look good and things do, indeed, seem a bit faster there also. I've never been excited by new drivers before but I think folks have to give these a try. TripNorthwood 2.2a at 2.72Ghz Abit TH7II-R512MB Samsung 40ns PC800Gainward 64MB GF4 Ti4200 300/57040.41's DX8.1 WinXP ProInwin case / Enermax 431W PSU3DMark2001SE = 13089http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=Update_Pending

w00t! Sounds good Trip. That's some overclock you have going on with your Ti4200! I'm downloading them now, I'll have to have a tweak later on. I'm waiting on some better RAM so I can get a more stable overclock, so far I can't get the FSB past 161 without freezing my system :(

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

I just installed these new drivers. havent flown yet with them.however I get this error on boot up. Not sure if it is a problemor not. a dialog box pops up saying that NvQTwk couldnt run because its not allowed to access a certain part of memory.happens instantly on showing the desktop in XP. Not sure if itsa conflict with my PC Cillin anti virus software, which is firingup that the same time or not.Anybody else seen this problem?Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Yes, I got lucky on the 4200 John. It's just a run-of-the-mill card but it's one of those that OC's very well. I had it running at 300/580 but it started showing some artifacts so I set it back to 300/570. It will probably do a little more with a RAM cooler but it's not worth is to me to go through all that. I've been watching the FSB numbers on 2.26's. Let us know how things go as you move it along.TripNorthwood 2.2a at 2.72Ghz Abit TH7II-R512MB Samsung 40ns PC800Gainward 64MB GF4 Ti4200 300/57040.41's DX8.1 WinXP ProInwin case / Enermax 431W PSU3DMark2001SE = 13089http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=Update Pending

Trip,I just got 13189 with default clock settings on my new GF4 Ti4600, not too bad, about 1000 points better than when I ran it yesterday with my card overclocked, the problem is Madonion is down and I can't save my project and tweak more :-hahI just took a single stick out, apparently the Abit boards clock better with one DIMM in, so here goes nothing.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

I just flew around with it. Didnt see any improvement, in fact, it seemed choppier to me. Do not know if this is a result of the error I had noted above or not. Certainly no improvement that I can seeon my GF3 Ti200. I know thats not state of the art.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

It just keeps getting better and better :-) . Methinks you have surefire 14,000 in the making. I was thinking the same thing about a reformat and reinstall. I was going to do some biking over the weekend but if it rains a clean install sounds like a good project. I've got to go flying some also though. Too much time being spent on forums and tweaks and drivers and tweaks and OC'ing and tweaks and tweaks and tweaks.Trip