Sign in to follow this  
Guest RiddlePilot

New Nvidia driver out for Win 2000/XP

I know I could get 14K if I could raise my FSB, but it just won't do 166 or more, it boots to XP then reboots :(I tried various timings with the RAM, no go. Also this board won't do more than 1.62 volts, it undervolts a fair bit too. Time for a new BIOS maybe..

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Nice improvements on my system with a gf2 mx/mx400 64. Clouds seem much fuller. Plus more fluid graphics. Posted some pics in screen-shot forum.

Guest BC_KBOS

First I got an error that WinXP was unable to load NVQtwk.dll. Copied the file from the previous version of the drivers and then I got the error you mention.Checked MSConfig and found it was loading a call from the reg. In any event, the new drivers do not include nvqtwk and it appears the previous version is not compatible with the new version.In other words, the last set of drivers worked with nvqtwk, the latest drivers do not.If you are a good boy and uninstall the drivers before upgrading, you may see this error. If you upgrade, you may not.I did notice the reg call for nvqtwk was from a different run section of the registry, so the call may not be getting deleted when you do a normal uninstall. In fact, it is NOT being removed when you do the uninstall.I did a manual delete of the key and reinstalled the latest drivers and all is well. NVQtwk is apparantly not supported/used in the latest drivers.About the gent above who got a 500 or so in his 3Dmark test, make sure you are using 3DMark SE.Just an observation....BC

Actually...Nvidia installers for me at least generally work real well, so I was a "bad boy" and just upgraded with a click and go.I didnt do an uninstall.Guess I need to do a registry search for that NvQTwk.dll and delete the key.eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest gasebah

Did you uninstall the old driver properly. Uninstall in system properties/ software ?Alex

I like these drivers so far. Best ones yet for my GeForce Ti 4400. Will play with them some more and see how they hold up. I get better FPS with the Flight1 421.

Many improvements on my Geforce 3. I don't monitor FPS so I can't really comment on that but without any tweaking I am getting:The colors are richer and overall everything is sharper.It's smoother and especialy in spot view where I would get these hickup like lunges of aircraft that has been puzzling me since I got the G3 is now gone.I think the FSAA is a little better but I won't say for sure quite yet. I have noticed that some of the default AI aircraft and some static aircraft are displaying as all chrome for a minute before the textures do apply. I have never praised any of the driver versions previous to these 40.41's but have to say at this early stage I am very much looking forward to tomorrows flying. :-)Need some suggestions as to tweaking the settings with the new interface.SteveCYYZ

Before you start screaming about your new, doubked 3DMark scores, would you please check your driver settings?Right click the desktop, choose Properties, Settings->Advanced->Nvidia GeforceX (Where GeforceX = the name of your graphics card. It's the tab with the Nvidia logo on it).Now click Direct3D Settings in the popup listbox to the left.Make sure the slider for Texture Anisotropic Setting is set to 1X and not 0X.0X is just point sample, which results in higher performance, but lower image quality. All previous drivers I have tried have used 1X (Bi/Trilinear) by default. The default setting for these drivers is actually 0X, which may be the reason for the higher performance people are getting.In other words, the default settings in the new drivers are set for higher performance, at the sacrifice of image quality. You can see the effects of this when running 3DMark. With the slider set to 0X, textures in the distance and textures viewed from an angle will appear blocky. At 1X, they will be smoothed out.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Stephan

make sure, you enable vibrance control. Incredible lights and colors without recognisable performance loss.grS.gf4 ti4400

I'm not screaming. The score didn't double. I use RivaTuner for the driver settings. And I always use the same values. Thanks.Trip

Guest SlimDady

Mehh they are not so great..There is an image quality betterment that I see. I still have not ran any tests for performance increse but from what I can see its not much

Certainly no improvement that I can seeon my GF3 Ti200.Same here with my GF3 TI200 as well as the choppy's. I have gone back to 29.42's. Seems many of these newer drivers are optimised for GF4 cards and give mixed results for GF3 users. Be curious to see which drivers other GF3 owners are using. I have seen other boards claiming anything beyond 23.11's will not improve GF3 performance??? FPS isn't everything, especially with FS2k2.

Guest Andrew

Am I doing something wrong? , when I run 3D MARK 2001 SE (Unregisterd) on my new GEFORCE4 ti4200 (Creative) with all the default settings (1200x1000x16bit) ,all I get is a score of around 7500 Surely this should be higher on my system as you guys are talking about 13000 to 14000 marks.What am I doing wrong? System is aAthlon 1.4ghz 512mbs DDR ram (PC2100) 2x256ASUS A7v266 mainboardCreative Extigy Sound blaster,(NEW) (External USB sound card)Creative GEFORCE4 Ti4200 overclocked to 280 GPU and 580 Memory on 40.41 drivers.

My machine must be weird...I saw no improvement at all with thesenew drivers. In fact I thought the system stuttered when it hadnot before. not pronounced, but I could tell.I also dont see the big deal about turning off AGP...I did that too and didnt seem to make much of a diff.eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg