Sign in to follow this  
Guest RiddlePilot

New Nvidia driver out for Win 2000/XP

I have tested the new 40.41 with FSBench Fs2002 and here are the results:40.41:fs1: 20.3fs2: 14.9fs3: 24.0Here's the comparison with different drivers:30.82:fs1: 21.3fs2: 22.1fs3: 24.5(the best all-around score: my driver of choice for FS2k2)21.85: (said to the fastest for XP)fs1: 30.8fs2: 15.5fs3: 19.1fs1 is outside view overflying Chicago.fs2 is landing SFO with rain before sunset.fs3 is landing (737) Seattle area.Setup is:AMD XP 1900, Asus A7V266E, GFti200, 512meg ram Windows XPPierre

Guest gasebah

This is absolutely consitent with what I am experiencing. No improvement in fps, more likely a decrease and some stutter independent of Aperture Size settings. A in a subtle way more unstable picture. No improved picture quality. The only improvment I can see, is that for the first time the 90 degree rotation on my 2nd monitor works properly.I get a 1000 point improvement with 3DMark2002, but well I do not play that a lot. After 3 hours of playing and testing I rolled back to the 30.82s. Man what a waste of time. I am po'ed. This driver is a cheater, nothing else.System:AMD 2100+MSI K7T266 Pro 2-Ru521MB DDR ApacerGF4Ti4600Alex

Guest daves0

Your scores are realistic with your CPU...mine are about the same with the xp1800+, altohugh I have a gf3ti500Sometimes I think that these benchmarks are basically bs....all systems are different, and after a certain point, what's the diff?I've never been close to scores that people put up....it makes me wonder what is real or not....and I can't believe my system is that ##### to not be closer to what I see posted, especially when I'm using better top of the line components.If you're not overclocking, and do not have everything tweaked to the max...your scores are as you see IMO.I'll check mine again with these new drivers.

Drivers work great for games higher than DX8. But for games lower than this, they are bad. Textures are wrong and there seems to be a mipmapping bug that was found in the early release.

Guest daves0

OK...I just ran 3dMark2001 SE...1024x768x16aa offall nvidia panel settings defaultusing the new driversSCORE : 7567Now, you have a newer/faster video card, but I have a faster CPU..so it kinda washes.MS Flight Sim, from what I've read over and over on this forum , is more CPU dependent than video card...so perhaps these new drivers don't do much or anything with this sim...in fact appear to slow it down...Someone above mentioned the "LURCH" problem...I have that as well...I'll have to see if that is gone with the new drivers, however, I have to install 2002, as I just put in a new hard drive after a crash.

Hello,I've installed 40.41 and have no problens at all, but, when I tray to open some mpg's, my WMP freezes my machine! Eny idea?Regards,

Martoni

Guest daves0

hmmmsomething not right here...Meigs is a slideshow....30fps using 1280x1024x32...but just jumping like crazy...I've never seen this before.

Guest daves0

Well after my initial problems, things are looking up.Reinstalled my VIA4in1 drivers...the newest....the lurch has now gone away....My frame rates are decent....with the default as FS2k2 sets up with my GF3ti500...I get locked at 30fps at Meigs...takeoff, go around through downtown, south , then land....I then cranked all sliders full..ATC, etc...a definite drop, but never below 17...usually-20....as high as 26 after clearing the towers with heavy autogen.I then went to KLAX, where I never say frame rate above 10..usually 5-8 or so....this never went below 12...probably averaged around 16-18 or so....hit low 20s several time.ALSO...maybe more impressive, there is no question that the overall look is so much crisper...the plane looks fabulous, especially against the dark blue water backdrop....So, I think I am seeing at leat 25% gain in FS2k2...and overall much better looking...now to install some addons....OH--running at 1280x1024x32---the panel is very clear, clean, and crisp...all is readable. VC pan is smooth...just real nice..

Guest RiddlePilot

This thread is getting way to long, but oh well, my 2 cents is coming anyway. I read the hype, and went against the "If it ain't broke..." saying. Upon re-boot, I got the error message as stated above, the default clock/memory speeds were WAY out of whack, and it registered as a Quadro card. Not to mention, I can keep it stuck at the 25fps lock almost anywhere in any plane with all sliders at a generous setting (autogen, scenery complexity at very dense, mesh at 90, clouds at 60). With the 40.whatevers it never got above 18. Back to the 29.42s for me.