Sign in to follow this  
Guest KenG

Hiccups each 4 sec.

Hi All,I am experiencing hiccups in FS these times. It wasn't in the past. These hiccups are very ennoying and most visible in the "Spot" plane view and are going together with a disk access. Has someone a solutionfor it? The "timed" disc accesses are only while FS2002 is active and even when the plane is "parked" with no changes whatsoever in the scenery.Thanks in advance,hm

There can be lots of reasons causing this.Here's one I had.Did you add any new controller lately (even if you don't use it in FS2K2).?I had a simular problem after I added a FFB wheel to my PC (for other games), which was Inactive (so connected to USB, but power off).Gave me a small pause every 4 seconds. After I removed the wheel from the controller list in WIndows, the problem was gone.Rob

Guest RonB49

Don't I recall that some logging function of FSUIPC can cause this if it is enabled? R-

Thank you all guys, You have given me good ideas. What I have done:First I have 4 (2x2) Usb's on my computer (2 on the rear panel, two in front) I have connected a mouse and a sidewinder precision 2 on the rear usb's, I have simply interchanged them. Then I checked the log mode of FSUIP. No logs were active but I switched the log modes on and off again, to be sure the flags are in the good state, and I rebooted.And guess what? The big hiccups are gone! I have now much smaller and much more frequently hiccups, a little bit stuttering but I can live with it.Thank you guys!hm

Thank you guys!All your reactions have given me some ideas. The 4 sec. Hiccups are gone! What have I done:First of all i have no FFB on my system but I have a mouse and joystick (Sidewinder Precision 2) on the USB ports. I interchanged them. It was giving the impression that the hiccups were gone, but they returned after a while.Next I looked to FSUIP. There were no logs flagged, but to be sure I activated them first and switched them off again to be sure. Then I rebooted the computer and guess what: the hiccups were gone ! I have now a light stuttering, but I can live with it. (all sliders are maxed only one (I don't remember his name) is on 80% + AAS on a 1Ghz Pentium III system with an overclocked Nvidia GTS2 240/390 Mhz), driver 38.82)Thank you guys!hm;

If you have a APC Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) and use the PowerChute software, uninstall the software and throw the serial cable in the trash. It's a piece of junk. It polls the serial port every 5 seconds in such a way that it makes most games unplayable. APC software engineers are a bunch of idiots.

Guest KenG

Should this problem develop for you again, or for anyone, the best advice is what my mother taught me.Turn the computer upside down and pour a full cup of water into the floppy drive. If that doesn't work, cover the computer in a plastic bag for about a minute. If that still doesn't work, a glass of sugar water in the floppy drive may help. And finally, just run into the room and yell real loud at the computer that you will touch it without first grounding yourself. That should scare those hiccups away.