Sign in to follow this  

ANYONE HERE TRY NATVAT ONLINE FLYING YET?

Hello,I registered for NATVAT thinking it was going to be very popular. From what I've seen so far, there are a lot of registered users (537), but only one or two are online and there's only one server? Anyone have any feedback or information as to when, if ever, this new venture will get rolling? Thanks for any information you can provide.Sincerely,Hans

i believe this is because people mainly prefer flying on IVAO or VATSIM instead. those are the top two networks.also. NATVAT isnt really new. they used to be around under another name and they closed it within a week. this move i believe makes people think theyre going to do the same again so they dont even try it.i personally dont use eithet NATVAT or IVAO. thats just my personal take. i like VATSIM alot more.

Guest flightpro08

I still don't understand why we've started another online ATC network. Wouldn't you rather see one LARGE network with a lot of people on it than 3 smaller networks with less people?Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Ryan,Would you prefer to buy a Ford car or nothing?I'm all for choice so people can decide for themselves which environment they wish to fly in.Lets fact it, it's not as though VATSIM is in danger of becoming the underdog :7 Lets fact it, The Zone, IVAO, VATSIM, and I'm sure NATVAT, all have their own interpretation on how MP should be run and that's how it should be.Although I only fly with VATSIM I welcome the other on line environments for those who wish to use them.

Guest emergency_pants

I agree Ryan, but I also agree with the previous point that it would be better to have one large environment with more pilots and controllers. In an ideal world, I guess the answer would be to use different providers, but have a single environment?Simon.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I only use Avsim. I didn't know when I saw NATVAT set up, how it would go over. I was a little disappointed about not being able to connect to VATSIM servers in the US. Then, I found out here how to update the IP addresses in ServeInfo and it's been smooth sailing ever since.Thanks again,Hans