Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lizardo

An appeal (of sorts)

Guest emergency_pants

I've been having a real dilemma about where to make short, interesting flights recently.I like the BFU pages and there are some great ideas for flights, with great background context and scenery.But I find it's predominantly alaskan flying. Nothing wrong with that, but I need some variation.I'd appreciate some hints on cool flights. Interesting scenery... something around an hour at a time... or even less. Or interesting/unusual places? I enjoy departures and approaches and some interesting, varied navigation, rather than direct gps flying.The potential of the VFR flights pages here at AVSim is immense, but they seem to be seriously overlooked. http://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/...s_main_page.htmCan I make an appeal to folks with interesting ideas for flights to post them up there? I have no doubt that there's a shed-load of cool flights under people's belts that could be shared. I'll be posting some stuff there when I get some free time.I'm also considering creating some kind of career mode. What sort of things would you like included?End of appeal. :)Cheers,Simon.

Hi Simon,yes, the VFR Center does have potential.. Unfortunately both Aidan and myself have been waaay too busy to keep it updated at the pace we would want it to.If anybody could provide us with 'flights' that would be great!!But to reduce the workload of editing them, they would need to be prepared in the way the existing ones are... We still have in mind to build some sort of form to submit them in.... As for ideas where to fly... When not in Alaska, I fly in the European Alps.... Lot's of 1 hour flights there... The Greek Islands and other interesting places in Montana, Vermont, the Rockies.... any place with mountains ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

I'm doing a Carribean trip which will end in Alaska. It's a lot of fun so far! Odd, but a good trip!Don

Guest Lizardo

Hey Don, while yer at it, pop up to Pennsylvania and pick up the stranded BFU R4D that was "supposed" to fly NYC to Anchorage months ago. BFU gets UK flights occasionally, and New Guinea, Nepal, Canada, New Zealand, Venezuela, Antarctica once, etc...we'll make anything if people will fly them. Don's group also flies "Heavies".