Sign in to follow this  

Weather download fails

Hi there,yesterday, it was all ok.But today, FS2002 tells me something like "file not found" when i try to download real weather.The error occurs if i download realweather from the jeppesen server and if i download it from my laptop (using GetWeather V2.0 update 1 there) and if i download it from my FS2002 computer (using a local installation of GetWeather).GetWeather downloads the weather correct.Can anyone help my (perhaps give me his fs2002.cfg or tell my how i can make further diagnosis)?Should i perhaps look at the network traffic (i do not know how to do that and if there is a program in WinXP that can do this for me).Perhaps there are faults in the registry?Please help (Microsoft support only told me: Reinstall! They ever tell me that).ThanxBodo

One more thing:My network is functioning perfectly. IP functions also perfectly.The only problem is weather downloading with fs2002.As soon as i press "Download real weather", the error "file not found" (or something like this, i have the german version of fs2002 pro) occurs).

Guest emergency_pants

It has something to do with Get Weather. If you've had Get Weather Running and close it, you'll get an error message. If you have FS2002 running first and then open Get Weather afterwards, it may send an error message. It seems it's better to open Get Weather and then Open FS2002. If you want to download from Jepperson after having Get Weather operating, try rebooting your machine and restarting FS2002 without Get Weather. Alternatively, use Get Weather to download the Jepperson weather instead of doing it straight from FS2002.This, of course, is on my system, so I can't ssay yours will definitely be the same... but they're my observations and I hope it helps.Simon.

Thank you Simon for you answer,i now downloaded Wetter 2002 by Klaus Prichatz. I tried it once and then tried downloading via from my GetWeather server and look: I functions!I do not know what problems my FS 2002 had, but now it is ok again.There is only one problem left, a problem that all europeans have when the work with real weather:There are no visibility information in europe.In the METAR files, european airports give their visibility information in meters, in the U.S. in miles.So, if a european airport has 3000 meters visibility, FS2002 seems to interprete this as 3000 miles (thats the same as unlimited visibility).Does anyone know how to fix this? I try to contact Bearsoft, the programmers of GetWeather, perhaps they can help.I will write again if i have more information from bearsoft.

Guest emergency_pants

Yeah.... I get that with Europe too, but I didn't realise it was that reason. I bought FS Meteo which I highly recommend... it doesn't seem to have the visibility problem as far as I can see (excuse the pun!)... and it truly adds to the atmosphere (oh my god, another bad pun!) of my flying.Simon.

Hi Simon,does that mean, that FSMeteo fixes the visibility problem in Europe? You have limited visibility in Europe (try German airports or the often foggy great britain)?And does FSMeteo also have the winds aloft information included?If this is all the case, then FSMeteo will perhaps be the thing for me?ByeBodo